“great way to see Bristol” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 112 Activities in Bristol
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours run Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Walking Bristol run Free walking tours of Bristol, a stroll through Bristol's past. Starting at 11am from the Cascade Steps, a waterfall in the city centre by the harbourside. We run for 3 hrs with a stop for lunch at Pieminister. You'll see pirates, hear about Brunel, learn the dark legacy of the slave trade and wrap it all up with the greatest adventure Bristol has to tell, the story of John Cabot.
Dover, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“great way to see Bristol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

we have just come back from a city break in Bristol.joined this tour, its free{ but they hope you will tip them at the end,which everybody did }with a charming young lady taking us on an informative stroll around the city.took us places the open top bus would not go.a great way to see the place
.It took 3 hours with a half hour break for lunch in the local food market.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent walking tour around the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

It is the perfect program for a Saturday morning. The three hour walking tour is really enjoyable, full of interesting stories about the history of Bristol. Our guide Beth was really enthusiastic, she's the best tour guide with who I met so far. I can only recommend the walking tour!!!

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Funny and interesting Saturday morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I really enjoyed this tour because it has lots of interesting facts, but it wasn't boring at all. Bethan, our tour guide, had lots of funny stories and she told them with enthusiasm. It takes you to several great sites in Bristol, like Wills Memorial Building and the floating harbour. You learn things about Bristol that you wouldn't normally find out even if you have been living there for at least 2 years already! The 3 hours went by very quickly and you don't get tired of walking because you have lots of chances to stop, look around and listen to a story. Bethan was really friendly and knowledgable about Bristol and created a fun, relaxed atmosphere in the group. I would definitely recommend going on a Walking Bristol tour.

London
21 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Alex was my tour guide - and I was the only tourist on board!

It was a pretty yuck day, but I'm glad we still went ahead with the tour because I was only in Bristol for a short amount of time and wanted to make the most of it.

Even though it pelted with rain during spots of the tour, Alex kept trudging on, with me following. We even made a quick stop into Oxfam for me to buy a Brolly.

Very informative tour, able to answer most of my odd questions about the place. Filled with fascinating facts that I would have never thought to ask about.

You do go through a lot of walking though, so make sure you wear suitable shoes - I had my heeled boots on cos it was raining, but after taking them off my feet were deffo sore!

Up and down hills all over the place. I must admit, I did lose my bearings and was completely confused as to where I was but when I explored the city after the tour was able to see how compact it was and how close everything was.

A stop for lunch was great - but I had my own packed lunch with me. But the market had a massive range of food for sale - something for everyone.

But totally great, amazing that they do this for free! It was a fantastic tour and I think every new tourist to Bristol should do it! The tour guides are able to adapt their tour according to the groups needs, wants and abilities, which is perfect!

Visited October 2013
“Best 3hrs if you want a friendly historical tour of Bristol city centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We had Alex taking us around the city centre, he was knowledgable and enthusiastic it made the whole experience with a bunch of strangers very relaxed and friendly. Wish I had done this before now a great investment of three hours with a discount at PieMinster as well. Do it if you can!

Visited October 2013