“Not recommended.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 66 Bristol B&B and Inns
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Not recommended.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The room was generally clean, but a dead wasp greeted me on the bedside table. I can cope with that, but less with the fact that it was still there the next day, after housekeeping had revisited the room.

The shared bathroom was very small and the tap was fixed on the wrong side, so you have to bend over to actually clean yourself.

The TV was weird: after about two minutes, it kept crackling.

The sound from the street was loud and very present.

The worst, though, was the fact that I could hear my neighbor turning around in his bed and snoring.

On the bright side, staff was friendly and forthcoming, and the location isn't bad.

All in all, I would say they should bring their rates considerably to make this a real budget hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back and with a bathroom.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cagliari, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is very nice, a wonderful staff, kind and friendly, the beds are comfortable, soft towels, clean rooms and bathrooms, even the bathroom shared with other guests. It's close to the biggest attractions, lot of pubs, restaurants, shops around the hotel, a nice and cheap place to stay in Bristol.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This recently refurbished hotel is in a great location in Clifton - walkable to the city centre for those so inclined, and to more local pubs and restaurants. Bedroom good - bathroom a bit small but works fine. Breakfast (temporarily continental only at the time) was very good. Did not try the bar. On street parking ok- on our day at least. Staff were friendly- I asked to see the room before finally committing- having had a string of disasters at Bed and Breakfast establishments! We insisted on a quiet rear facing room, so cannot comment on traffic etc at front. Nice dark curtains in bedroom to cut out light. Worked out how to fill kettle from the basin tap via a cup. Would stay there again!

Taunton UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel is nothing more than average. it offers nothing special, and in my opinion is over priced for what it provides. We managed to park at the front in one of its 4 spaces, so that was a bonus, but there is plenty of on street parking nearby. The room we had was a family room, so we had a little extra space. it was clean but the bathroom smelt damp and musty as the window was screwed shut and there was no extractor fan. The room had the usual and expected mod cons. Breakfast was £6 for a buffet continental style, nothing special but adequate.
i would look at other hotels before staying here.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights as we were in Clifton for a wedding, and on the whole The Regency was a good choice. Friendly service on arrival - and helpful too as our room did not have hot water to begin with, but this was quickly rectified. The room itself was adequate, but the shower was way too low and could not be adjusted - OK if you are a dwarf I guess. Beware there is no lift if you are on the top floor!

Charging £6 for tea and toast at breakfast was overpriced - there are better Full English Breakfast options nearby, including the Clifton over the road for a fiver.

The hotel could be improved with just a few more modern touches, but you can't really complain about the price for the area.

Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

On arriving at 10.30pm (I had said it would be a late arrival) they'd obviously used up their quota of warm welcomes for the day. A pretty rude manager glared at me (I think I interrupted something more interesting on their computer screen as she seemed somewhat reluctant to look up) when I enquired about parking, and despite there clearly being 2 spaces outside the front of the hotel on the forecourt, I was told I couldn't park there. I tried to be nice about it, but when I was told I was to drive up and down the packed streets to find a car parking space I wasn't best pleased. On finding one and returning to check in, the same manager enquired if I'd found one - maybe I was tired or maybe it was the way she said it, but I thought this was pretty antagonistic and rude! When I retorted in a similar tone, I was told I was rude and I should apologise? Really? Seriously? Wow. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ebbw vale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

arrived early,lady at reception let us park in front,but as we were leaving for the wedding we were attending,the manager came out demanding that i move my car.I explained that we did not want to move it later,but she was very rude,refusing to listen to me.Later on that day on our return,we were given the card for our room,which was number 339,which i thought was a bit pretentious as there were clearly not that number of rooms.the room was small,but cosy,even though there was no proper shower,just an extension shower from the bath tap.all in all rather expensive as no breakfast included in tariff,very limited facilities and a narrow stairway made carrying cases hard work.manager could not have been ruder,she reminded me of a chained up guard dog.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Regency Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!