“A perfect gem in Bristol” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glassboat

Glassboat
Welsh Back, Bristol BS1 4SB, England (Formerly Glass Boat)
+44 117 929 0704
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #123 of 1,424 Restaurants in Bristol
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Cinderford, United Kingdom
“A perfect gem in Bristol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Took a girl here on our first date & was very impressed with the service, decor & stunning food. I would go here every week if I could.

• Greek first
Bristol
“Lovely setting but average food and rushed service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

A group of five of us went for lunch. Beautiful place to sit and really nice average. The food though was disappointing. While the menu looked good it was all a bit bland and unexciting. Add to that the waiters made it clear they wanted us in and out as quickly as possible. They were polite but forceful: taking orders for each course literally one minute after we had finished the last.

Overall it was ok. I would have rather gone to aqua across the road.

Mountain View, California
“Excellent Wedding Reception Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was planning our overseas wedding over the internet with the Events Manager of Glassboat. I was nervous about the details that can make or break an event, and having not seen the venue in person, I was nervous about what it would turn out like. My fears were completely allayed as I was sent pictures, numerous emails confirming all those little details that I was worried about, I was able to pay through a bank transfer without any need to write a cheque, wait for it to arrive...etc. It was so smooth and easy.

As far as the food: OH MY GOSH. So fresh! So tasty, portions of a good size. We had a guest that had food allergies that were seamlessly accommodated. We had an amazing party.

Thank you Glassboat Staff, but especially Sola. You are a rockstar.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paphos
“Stationary but excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I attended a family celebration here along with 30+ others in a separate area, with excellent ambience The hosts had chosen 3 dishes for each course and my choices were all excellent. The service was efficient and friendly.

Visited June 2014
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Lovely food in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely evening meal on the 14th June. We had booked well in advance, which I'd recommend doing. We arrived slightly early, but our table was ready for us. The restaurant was busy, with a fairly large party in, but apart from our starter taking a little longer to arrive than you'd expect, the food, service & setting were what we expected. Give it a go, it's well worth a visit.

Visited June 2014