“Fantastic Chinese Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bristol
“Fantastic Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Last Saturday evening my husband and I went to this restaurant with two friends. The food was absolutely superb and could not be faulted in any way. There is an 'all you can eat' buffet menu available as well as the main menu. The buffet costs £15 per person and is great value for money. The staff were all very welcoming, friendly and attentive and we really had a great experience. Please do not be put off by unpleasant reviews which have been posted here in the past. We have been customers for many years and have, or indeed never have had, any reason to complain.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Couldnt fault the food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

It was a very strange experience. I arrived before the other 7 guests at my friends last meal in Thornbury before she left the area. I ordered a drink and wasn't allowed to pay for it "up front" prior to others arriving, as it all went on the bill at the end.
Thought that was down to incompetent waiter, and how right I regrettably proved to be.
However the real issue was that there was 10% charge on the whole bill,so whilst the bar price seemed acceptable add10%!
There seemed to be an issue with the staff, who broke crockery and glasses at an alarming rate by dropping them. It didn't seem to be an issue for them as there seemed to be no management structure watching or training the very young and obviously inexperienced staff.
The sorry finale to this was that a waiter managed to pour a tray of drinks down my back, having had one previous attempt which was foiled by the fast reaction of one of our party!
Having soaked me none of the staff seemed to know how to react.
I asked for a towel, they brought me a dirty tea towel.
I am sitting in a pool of fluid on a laminate floor, I want to move but am afraid of slipping. To this point I have been pleasant, accidents happen. Eventually I ask another waiter to put some of the dirty tablecloths from other tables around me to soak up the liquid, he doesn't seem to understand what I mean, despite his being apparently English speaking.
The owner eventually arrives, he offers a reduction on the bill of minus my meal and the service charge. Free and frank exchange of views takes place on my part, but Scott thinks because he knows the other members of the party that will be ok. Well it isn't!
We agree to pay the amended bill only to realise that we had been charged for the drinks the waiter poured over me! By this point as they used to say in the News of The World We left!
I will never go back there again willingly and will be putting my complaints in this post I writing to the owner.
With little hope of getting anymore sense out of them than I had this evening

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thornbury, United Kingdom
“The best Chinese in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Excellent Chinese food, much better than the other Chinese in our town. They have recently introduced a buffet type meal, all you can eat for £15, this sounds a good versatile idea and although I haven't tried it yet, I will.

Visited December 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good food, rubbish service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We often by a takeaway from here and decided to give the restaurant a try. The restaurant is currently offering a buffet menu as well as their a la carte menu. We were shown to our table by a waiter. We were immediately asked (not giving us a chance to look at menus) which menu option we wanted without any explanation as to what our choices were or how things worked. We were then asked what we wanted to drink without chance to look at the wine list. Still a bit confused we ordered our starters which came out one at a time very slowly. Our 2nd course, the duck, took a long time to come out, and even longer to clear our dishes once we'd finished. We thought we'd been forgotten. Perhaps some restaurant service skills/ etiquette wouldn't go amiss, as our waiter wasn't the cheeriest of souls. We got the bill which already had a service charge added which we weren't impressed with as we didn't think our experience deserved it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“pretty good chinese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had a fun supper there with 3 others.

duck pancakes and spare ribs were particularly good.
seaweed and kung po chicken not so good
spicy dishes could have been a lot spicier...

decent enough restaurant though