“Brilliant place.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Brilliant place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The pub has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and the bar staff are really friendly and helpful. Advice on what to drink was great, loved the espresso martinis. Food is so creative and delicious - I went there with a group of girls and the tapas was perfect, though they should definitely do bigger portions.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“constantly good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My friends and I recently had a wonderful evening at brace browns, the food was delightful, vibrant and interesting, the concept of british tapas is ineed a delight to find! I found the service to be a high 10 out of 10, the efficient and polite gentleman who served us provided us with some very tasty treats, pre-food, great as we were there for a suprise birthday meal. All in all an experiance I would repeat over and over! Great service, great food!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Forgettable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We recently visited B&B for lunch, as it has had good reviews. The waiter sat us down and explained they were out of a couple things including sea bass. My wife ordered fish and chips – they couldn’t do fish and chips either. We ordered breads and olives while we waited for our main course. The fresh, warm breads and little bowls of olives, pesto, garlic mayo and hummus were very good.
The wife’s main of 3 tapas was fine. My pork 3-ways was – to my mind – pork 2-ways with black pudding. When it was served, I asked for some chips. A side of chips was listed on the menu at £3.00.
When the bill came we had been charged £4.75 for the chips. I decided not to question this as my wife hates me complaining.
We paid by VISA. The service bell rang just after I had input my PIN and the waiter walked away with the machine with my card still in it. After he had served 2 tables, I asked for my card back. Unbelievable.
The food was OK but rather pricy for the quality and the service was poor.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Great place to go..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went here for dinner recently based on the recommendations on here. Its a little hard to find as its set back from the main road a little bit so its easy to miss.

When we got in the service was excellent and friendly. Also the timings of it all was great with drinks straight away. Then giving us a great explanation of the menu and things on it.

We went for the tapas menu and between 2 had 7 tapas. To be honest If I went back I'd just go straight for the 10 tapas for £40 and that would be a decent amount for 2. By no means I went away hungry but 10 would have been just right.

The food quality was good with lots of flavor in all the dishes. Made a nice change from typical Spanish tapas. With the British twist on it.

The atmosphere was quite romantic and warm feeling so a good place for a date. Also friendly and easy to have a conversation. Looking forward to going back to try the roast dinners on a Sunday and go there for a drink on the terrace in the summer when it gets a bit warmer!

Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went here on a Monday evening with my boyfriend. The atmosphere was homely and relaxed, and the staff were really friendly. We had the 10 tapas plates for £40 and every dish was superbly presented and really tasty. They are not big portions, it's quite 'minimalist' but it's excellent. Had good beers and wine too. Excellent place and will definitely go again.

• Visited January 2013