“Best Cafe in Bristol” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Best Cafe in Bristol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We have been going here for years and use it every time we are in the area at lunchtime. The coffee is excellent but the sandwiches are the best I have had and very good value . Plus the staff and service are superb and you can see the care taken by the owner to ensure all runs well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Somerset
“Number 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My family have been going to this cafe for 15 years and to this day have not found a better place to eat , even though we live 40 miles away. Hard working polite staff, quality food at cheap prices.Goudas the owner rushes around making sure everyone is happy, he greets us like royalty every time we visit. The Cafe Amore deserves to be number 1 in Bristol.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“The best cafe in Bristol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This place is brilliant in every respect - excellent food, service, price and ambience. I went to Cafe Amore today to seek a haven after a short shopping spree, and it really rejuvinated me. I am currently 29 weeks pregnant. I ordered my roasted vegetable and cheese panini and juice, paid for it at the till and was issued with a number. It gave me such a boost when the man behind the till offered to carry my tray to a vacant table upstairs. I was incredibly grateful, this act exceeded my expectations and restored my faith in humankind (a bit over the top, but you know what I mean, you wouldn't get that everywhere you go!). I settled down on my little table and tucked into my delicious panini. Took salvation for a moment or two and went on my way. I didn't indulge, but the cakes looked gorgeous. You could have full meal there if you wanted to, or a snack, Can't recommend it enough.

Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“The Holy Grail of decent coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Having lived and worked for a long time quite close to Seattle, a good cup of coffee had become something I took completely for granted, which is why I was completely and utterly appalled upon moving to England at the lack of regard for espresso here. The coffee was so terrible almost everywhere I went that I started to think of it as a kind of quest--like that of the Holy Grail. So when my friend who I was visiting said she knew of a place that was really passionate about their coffee, I got pretty excited, and with good reason. Cafe Amore produced me a relative gem of the caffeinated variety: a latte that didn't taste like bile, char my oesophagus, or require a chisel to get through all the froth.
Along with my heavenly coffee, I ordered a panini, which was both delicious and enormous, and lasted me well through the afternoon and into the evening. My whole bill ended up at just over a fiver, and I would easily have spent twice as much for half the quality at another cafe.
The atmosphere was fantastic: dark wooden paneling and furniture was complemented nicely by brightly painted walls plastered with vintage signs of all shapes and sizes. It was busy, but not frantic, and the staff all seemed very composed and genuinely friendly. The lighting and the buzz of lots of people talking, to a backdrop of Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, made for a wonderful lunch experience and I would definitely be a regular if I lived in Bristol. Either way, I'll make it back eventually!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The only place I'll buy my lunch in central Bristol.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I absolutely adore this place. The fact that it is always busy is a testament to the excellent value for money offered at this quirky little Italian café. The staff are always very welcoming and friendly, and, if you're eating in, they always offer to carry your food and drinks to the table for you. My little sister is 4 and an incredibly fussy eater (worryingly so); but she gave two thumbs up to their bacon and leek pasta dish. Their portions are very generous. Don't go there before a shopping trip or you won't fit in anything afterwards! I take all my friends and family there if we're doing a little shopping. It's quite nice to get away from the traffic and admire all the old signs they have all over the walls. My usuals include: jacket potato with crab and prawn filling, chicken korma sandwich, or chicken and roast veg panini; always washed down with an elderflower pressé. Yum. Might just go there today.

• Visited September 2011