“Gordon Ramsey” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Gordon Ramsey”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011 via mobile

Well I'm sat here as I write this nearly 2hrs on and I've only had a starter (by the way the menu offers 2 chicken skewers and we only had one). This place is well worth avoiding, the couple next to us have just left and I think I'm about to do the same. My advice don't bother

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

4% Recommend
england
“poor, long wait but good environment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

The restaurant to be fair looked really nice and its a shame that the food and service is poor. My first time there and used the kgb coupon (already read reviews on here but had to use the coupon up or it would have been wasted). oredered chicken skewers (only got one when menu said 2), - a small starter that took 35 minutes to arrive. The main dish of chicken and cous cous was okay, nice flavours but again took 35 minutes.
Surely the management must know it is going downhill and will go bust if they dont improve.? Why do kgb/groupon recommend this restaurant when its so ppor. I would avoid the place , let it go under and it be only management to blame.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Never go here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011 via mobile

I'm sat in the "restaurant" as I write this review. I would wait until I get home to write it but it will be so late by then that I will need to go straight to bed. We have been here for over 90 mins and only had our starters. In this time, the waitress has been out to a local shop twice to buy wine for another table. The service is so slow in every aspect - waiting to be seated, waiting to have the order taken, waiting to have the drinks delivered, waiting to have the food delivered, waiting to have the plates cleared. I'm still waiting for my main meal.... There were items on the menu which weren't available and the items that we did have for starters did not reflect the menu. The chicken skewers were meant to be plural. We only received one per plate. I have never seen so many people waiting for food in a restaurant at one time. It seems there is only one chef and he is overrun and unable to cope with a less than half full restaurant. The only saving grace so far is that the starters were actually quite flavoursome. Everything else bad about the service makes it irrelevant unfortunately. The mains still haven't arrived.... 110 mins and counting since we arrived.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol
“DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTURANT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We went to this restaurant ( if you can call it that) last night and actually walked out, as did several other couples.
It hadn't started well when I tried to book a table and a rude, completely uninterested man took my booking. But we had a voucher and a babysitter so we stupidly went anyway.

I am assuming they are going bust as they appeared to be buying in the booze as and when people were ordering it, I asked for wine and the waitress had no idea what wine they did, in the end she shoved a bottle in my face, when I asked for Rose I was told they only had half a glass left! In the end we plumped for beer, which she only had 3 small bottles left, so we waited 25 minutes for a drink!
We ordered the falafel and chicken skewers, again waited over half an hour for them to arrive ( cold, poor quality and tiny portions one skewer/ 2 small falafel)
In the end, after 1.5 hours waiting I asked where our food was and we were told that the chef was on it..to be fair our mains arrived in the next 5 minutes, however I took one mouthful of Chicken and spat it out. It was re heated and of very poor quality, in fact disgusting. the Cous Cous wasn't cooked properly and my husbands Lamb tagine was basically bone and gristle.
At that point we walked out. Unfortunately we had already paid for a Groupon so couldn't not pay. In fact we saw the waitress send a lady out from the next table to get cash from the cash machine as they dont take cards
The whole place is a joke, don't waste your money

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“The worst service ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

Having read the previous reviews I thought they might have made a few remedies but I was in for a shock of a life time. I had a KGB coupon & had booked a table for 2 for 8pm with my girlfriend.
We arrived on time & were sat down & ordered our drinks just as we sat down. They only had cans of Red Stripe only for lager. After taking our orders the waitress came back to inform us that they had run out of lamb & chicken was the only option left & we settled for chicken.
The starters finally arrived at around 9.10pm & they were meant to be 2 skewers of chicken each but there was only in each plate, but this was the least of our problems. At around 9.30 pm we had still not been served & wen we eventually confronted the 'chef' about it he said he had no food left!! We told him that we had already ordered & he said the girl we had ordered from had already left & becoz of customers walking in, he had run out of food. This was all crap cos when we got in there was hardly any people in the restaurant . He offered for us to come back for another day or have the fish option. We accepted the fish which must have been fried from frozen, it was so awful that even scavenging animals wouldn't go near it.
I will never go near this place ever & wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy! The place is ok in terms of lighting & that's about the only positive thing. The staff was only 1 lady who was running around & just the chef.....sorry I meant 'chef'.
Your food & service was so poor that you have put me off Moroccan food for the time being, never will I step in that place ever!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere