“Never go here.” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Never go here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011 via mobile

I'm sat in the "restaurant" as I write this review. I would wait until I get home to write it but it will be so late by then that I will need to go straight to bed. We have been here for over 90 mins and only had our starters. In this time, the waitress has been out to a local shop twice to buy wine for another table. The service is so slow in every aspect - waiting to be seated, waiting to have the order taken, waiting to have the drinks delivered, waiting to have the food delivered, waiting to have the plates cleared. I'm still waiting for my main meal.... There were items on the menu which weren't available and the items that we did have for starters did not reflect the menu. The chicken skewers were meant to be plural. We only received one per plate. I have never seen so many people waiting for food in a restaurant at one time. It seems there is only one chef and he is overrun and unable to cope with a less than half full restaurant. The only saving grace so far is that the starters were actually quite flavoursome. Everything else bad about the service makes it irrelevant unfortunately. The mains still haven't arrived.... 110 mins and counting since we arrived.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bristol
“DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTURANT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We went to this restaurant ( if you can call it that) last night and actually walked out, as did several other couples.
It hadn't started well when I tried to book a table and a rude, completely uninterested man took my booking. But we had a voucher and a babysitter so we stupidly went anyway.

I am assuming they are going bust as they appeared to be buying in the booze as and when people were ordering it, I asked for wine and the waitress had no idea what wine they did, in the end she shoved a bottle in my face, when I asked for Rose I was told they only had half a glass left! In the end we plumped for beer, which she only had 3 small bottles left, so we waited 25 minutes for a drink!
We ordered the falafel and chicken skewers, again waited over half an hour for them to arrive ( cold, poor quality and tiny portions one skewer/ 2 small falafel)
In the end, after 1.5 hours waiting I asked where our food was and we were told that the chef was on it..to be fair our mains arrived in the next 5 minutes, however I took one mouthful of Chicken and spat it out. It was re heated and of very poor quality, in fact disgusting. the Cous Cous wasn't cooked properly and my husbands Lamb tagine was basically bone and gristle.
At that point we walked out. Unfortunately we had already paid for a Groupon so couldn't not pay. In fact we saw the waitress send a lady out from the next table to get cash from the cash machine as they dont take cards
The whole place is a joke, don't waste your money

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“The worst service ever!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

Having read the previous reviews I thought they might have made a few remedies but I was in for a shock of a life time. I had a KGB coupon & had booked a table for 2 for 8pm with my girlfriend.
We arrived on time & were sat down & ordered our drinks just as we sat down. They only had cans of Red Stripe only for lager. After taking our orders the waitress came back to inform us that they had run out of lamb & chicken was the only option left & we settled for chicken.
The starters finally arrived at around 9.10pm & they were meant to be 2 skewers of chicken each but there was only in each plate, but this was the least of our problems. At around 9.30 pm we had still not been served & wen we eventually confronted the 'chef' about it he said he had no food left!! We told him that we had already ordered & he said the girl we had ordered from had already left & becoz of customers walking in, he had run out of food. This was all crap cos when we got in there was hardly any people in the restaurant . He offered for us to come back for another day or have the fish option. We accepted the fish which must have been fried from frozen, it was so awful that even scavenging animals wouldn't go near it.
I will never go near this place ever & wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy! The place is ok in terms of lighting & that's about the only positive thing. The staff was only 1 lady who was running around & just the chef.....sorry I meant 'chef'.
Your food & service was so poor that you have put me off Moroccan food for the time being, never will I step in that place ever!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Awful!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We went here on October 1st. What a shambles. Despite only being a quarter full, it took 15 minutes to seat us and then there were used glasses on the table.
Having bought a voucher from Groupon, we were supposed to get a starter, main course and a drink for two to the value of £40. The first thing we noticed was that the most expensive items would have brought our food bill to no more than £24 excluding the two drinks. When this was pointed out to the manager, he did agree to give us an extra starter rather than a refund, which meant gorging ourselves in order to get our monies worth!
It took half an hour for anyone to ask us about our drinks and then took an hour for our starters to arrive. When we did order drinks, despite having an array of pumps on the bar, they had no draught beer. Then they ran out of white wine, leaving red wine as the ONLY option (this was at about 8.30pm).
When the food did arrive it was dreadful. The fish tagine had a few pieces of anaemic looking fish in it and the vegetables were clearly cooked from frozen - all watery and limp. The vegetarian option was bland and boring.
The people on the table next to us had to ask the manager for salt and pepper, which he promptly gave them from our table, only to discover that they were both empty!
We did manage to squeeze a couple of extra drinks out of them to bump up our bill to the value of £40 but this was quite simply the worst dining experience I have ever had. AVOID!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southampton
“Poor, very poor...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

What can I say, Waiter was friendly, place had potential hower:

Bar had old pumps (perhaps an old wine bar?) but didn't serve any draught beer. So If you were attracted by the Kronenbourg adverts outside - you will be disappointed they don't sell it.

They served up "ok ish starters" but nothing great.

Then the main courses: Both my main and my wifes main were awful. Bland Bland food with ROCK hard uncooked vegatables. Lamb was fatty and dreadful.
The Cous Cous turned up late as did the Morrocan bread .
My Son couldn't finish his. I was
really very cross with the whole meal as I felt I had wasted an evening and money.

Parking is also a nightmare.

If this is Morrocan food -I'm not going to Casablanca!!

I walked out wishing I'd gone somewhere else.

If this place is still open in 6 months I'd be suprised!

• Visited September 2011