“Lovely gem of a B&B tucked away in Clifton” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clifton House

and 1 more site!
You added Clifton House to your Saves list
Clifton House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   4 Tyndall's Park Rd | Clifton, Bristol BS8 1PG, England   |
Ranked #16 of 66 Bristol B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brixham
“Lovely gem of a B&B tucked away in Clifton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This B&B is lovely! It's a very grand old house, all high ceilings and bay windows and beautifully decorated. Our room was spacious with a comfortable bed and a good shower. Breakfast consisted of a self-serve table of cereals, croissants, fruit, yoghurt and juce and some very, very good coffee, plus hot options which were freshly cooked. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. This B&B is perfectly situated for visiting Bristol University (5-10 minutes walk away) and the city centre is also within walking distance or easily accessed via a short bus ride. It was great value for money and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room no. 1 is on the ground floor and is a triple room so ideal for a couple with a small child.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Found this by chance, half the price of most hotels I searched in Bristol, and it blew us away.
Very much a boutique hotel, real character old gentleman's house full of grandeur, high ceilings, bay windows, huge rooms,
Great location for a five minute walk into city and close to the zooo and suspension bridge.
Looking for an excuse to go back there, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel whilst visiting my daughter who is a student at Bristol University. She lived just up the road from it and her friend's parents had stayed there just before I was due to visit. Their positive experience made my decision to book a room easy. I had a single room at the top of the hotel which the manager had warned me may be chilly, and that there were extra blankets in the wardrobe if I needed them. No chance! The room, although a little smaller than I was expecting, was absolutely adequate for my needs (somewhere comfortable to sleep) and I was very cosy and slept the night through. The shower and bathroom were spotless and the shower so shiny it looked as if it had just been fitted. Although the building is old and a bit creaky, once in my room, I heard nothing to disturb me, something some more modern hotels could learn from. The breakfast was good, and I could eat as much, or as little, as I wanted, with a pleasant view out of the large bay windows onto the main road. My car was securely parked and this was a big plus for me, as I had looked at staying at some of the more luxurious hotels in Bristol but who could not offer this option. My daughter is moving to different student accommodation in the summer, but I may well stay here again when visiting, as it is ideal for this purpose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here back in 2011 when visiting with my daughter (my son's at University here) and this time we came back for Mother's Day celebrations, wanting a triple room. We were given a large (enormous actually!) ground floor room at the back of the house overlooking the car park. The sofa in the room had been made up into a luxurious large double bed for my friend (very comfortable I am told), and I shared the other double bed with my daughter. Facilities all top-notch - very clean, lovely flatscreen tv - incredibly warm room, even though it was so large. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate. Bathroom spotless. Breakfast offers the most amazing range - cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, fully cooked breakfast. We enjoyed ourselves so much, we stayed an extra day. In fact we needed it, because the Mother's Day celebrations meant that we were rather worse for wear on the Monday and the staff were so kind and let us check out later than usual to give us a chance to recover....! All round staff really helpful and kind. I will of course be back, and I won't drink so much wine next time...!

My only problem was getting on the internet - it was quite a weak signal from where our bedroom was, but it wasn't the end of the world - the helpful staff invited me to sit in the breakfast room (which meant I was nearer to the modem hub thingy-whatever) when I needed to check my emails. You see how thoughtful they are?!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We wanted a central, safe location with good parking. We got all of the above in the form of a huge beautiful room overlooking hubby's motorbike in the carpark...he was very happy! The staff were very welcoming and helped hubby chose the best place to park his beloved bike.
The room was clean, well thought out and lovely and warm.The bathroom was beautiful with a huge shower and towel heater...heaven!
Breakfast was a continental choice with cooked as well. Such a fantastic choice too. Location was excellent. It was all within walking distance to the centre of Bristol. There were bus stops all around the hotel, so best of both worlds.
The room was at the back of the house on the ground floor and we found the stay very peaceful.
Would definitely stay again and recommnend to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I'd recommend anyone to try out this lovely hotel. Always fresh flowers abound in the communal areas giving a lovely atmosphere to your stay. Rooms are comfy & a wide selection of hot & cold food is available for breakfast. Free WIFI for guests and modern facilities in the rooms. Suitable for the single traveller up their spacious family rooms.

• Stayed March 2013
belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a two night at the Clifton House. The staff are friendly and very helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast are the best we have every had and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. We had extra blankets and pillows in our room and found the small room which we actually changed to was very cosy. The large rooms are spacious and very nice but we just preferred the smaller as the Tv was nearer the bed. Excellent location and Clifton village is lovely with some fantastic restaurants. It is also a short walk to the Clifton suspension bridge. We arrive early and our room was not ready so they gave us our key to return when it suited . We will be back!

Room Tip: If you want a large room, more like a suite go for the larger but if you want something smaller and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Clifton House? Share your experiences!