“Brilliant, the food place I eat in when I am in Bristol. Fantastic.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Burrito

Mission Burrito
62 Park St., Bristol BS1 5JN , England
0117 927 3339
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #357 of 1,460 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: The Mission MissionOur focus will always be on big, authentic, great tasting burritos.We will make the fillings from scratch every day with no freezer or fryers.Nobody will leave hungry or unhappy.We will be known as the best burrito in the UK.
New Forest, UK
“Brilliant, the food place I eat in when I am in Bristol. Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great filling burritos.Quick service the times I have been there. Everytime I eat I am in Bristol I eat here.

I prefer to eat here for a quick balanced meal, than just down the hill in the Watershed area, which is more of a sit down for a proper meal type eating places, which as a traveller isn't so much my thing.

Everyone who is in Bristol will usually be around the Watershed/Hippodrome area. The natural focal point of Bristol. However that area seems to have a shortage of "quality" food eating places, either having fatty fast food junk food, or proper sitdown/restaurant meals.Yet just walk 5 minutes or so up the hill and get to this place; so for me this is the perfect compromise.

Similarly its not far from the Megabus stop for the city centre. But beware it is not up the hill the Megabus stops on itself. You have to go down that hill, round the Hippodrome and up the other hill on the way to the Museum and Art Gallery.(or cut across).

It is my style of food, and good amount and keeps me going all of the day or well into the next day without getting hungry.

Plenty of serviettes on the table, and make sure they are there because you will need them,

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aberdare, United Kingdom
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very good food. experince. A quick Mexican meal, which had various options. Although space contricted due to popularity.

Visited January 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Awesome & tasty, authentic burritos...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews on here, (for at least in my opinion) this place is my favourite place to eat in Bristol. The burritos are delicious - they are bursting with flavour and spices (plus are very filling). I recommend the Chipotle sauce as it's a Mexican staple and really makes the buritto (and Mexican food in general).

I like how the place takes it's inspiration from the mission district of San Francisco and love the Spanish music that is played - it gives it an authentic feel, plus makes you feel like your on holiday on a wet British day!

I've done the food challenge which is a nice twist (bringing a touch of Man vs Food to your high street). I've also introduced many of my friends to Mission Burrito who now visit regularly (me and my girlfriend visit once a week). The loyalty card is a nice bonus (giving you a free burrito for every 10 you buy).

Highly recommended if your looking for a taste of the increasingly popular Mexican food!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Where's the atmosphere?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Came in here the other week on my way back from work and there wasn't a single person in there, it's usually this way most other times I walk past but I thought I'd give the food a go. Bland tastes and as I was recommended the chipotle salsa when I said I wanted really hot, it didn't feel spicy at all. It's nice looking out onto park street but feels a bit daunting walking in when theres no other customers. I'll stick to the other burrito shop for now on!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Nice for a quick meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I guess it's sort of the Mexican equivalent of a Subway, but a bit better. Same kind of format though - basic menu with options for extras (salsa, beans, salad etc), wrapped up in front of you for you to takeaway. Had the veggie burrito option with all the extras and it was pretty tasty. But if you've ever been to Baja Fresh in the USA that's a million times better!

Good points - size (huge! So maybe skip breakfast if you're planning lunch?!), service was quite speedy, everything tasted fresh, four types of salsa to choose from

Bad points - not the best value for money (If you've ever been to Magic Roll in Bristol, that's a similar price but better quality ingredients and larger range of options), if you eat in your food is served in a basket.

• Visited November 2012