“well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Farms, Specialty Museums, Zoos & Aquariums
More attraction details
Owner description: Acres of adventure to explore, with Indoor and Outdoor activities, Coin Op Tractors, Creative Area, Agility Trail, Aerial Runway, Jungle Climber, KidBine Harvester and much much more!! Best of all everyone can enjoy the experience of caring for a pony with a daily programme of activities for all ages.If grown-ups fancy a rest or some retail therapy there is a Café that serves delicious meals and a shop that sells great gifts to remember your day at HorseWorld.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

have been here a few times now and the children love it, lovely spot for a picnic, lots to do and of course the ponies, horses and donkeys, all adorable, money well spent!

Visited August 2012
HWLady11, Marketing co-ordinator at HorseWorld, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello, we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit to HorseWorld and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Lovely Horses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Plenty to do and see and it's very "hands on" It was great to see the good work being done to help these animals, and they put on a very good Fete!

Hello, we're glad to hear that you enjoy HorseWorld and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Frome
“A lot of money for what is there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I paid £24 (gift aid included) for 2 adults and 2 3yr olds. It was a cold but dry day, and was dissappointed by the lack of activities there. My son loves all things horsey, loves getting involved, and loves riding. The name "horseworld" is a bit misleading as there were more ferrets and donkeys than horses. Kids got bored, I got bored, and the only saving grace was the soft play with the slides, but by the time we'd found that it was time to go home. Would have been better off going for a walk or bike ride as I'm sure we'd have seen more horses that way. Sorry to sound mean, I know they're a charitable organisation, and need every penny. I think the rehoming aspect is admirable, and I would have loved to have had more information on doing that, but no information readily available, and noone there really talking about it. If they had done pony rides or grooming or real mucking out to get the kids involved, I would have had better things to say. Sorry horseworld, but for the money I was charged to get in, there really needs to be more there to entertain the kids.

Visited November 2012
Hi Emma, thank you for your comments.
Sorry to hear that you didn't feel you had a very valued day. I can assure you that we do offer activities throughout the day, such as interactive feeding, touch and groom sessions, and presentations - and the times of these are displayed at the main entrance, on the yard, and given as a hand-out on the main desk.
We always encourage visitors to ask our grooms as well about the different rescued horses that we have on site too.
For the more 'horsey' child visitor, we offer special 'Care for a Pony Experience' days at certain times through the year, where children can get a little more 'hands on' so do let us know if this might be something that might interest your son.
Thanks again for your response and we hope to see you again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“We love HorseWorld!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been taking my daughter to HorseWorld for the occasional trip since she was a baby. I really love it. A very peaceful place, with the focus definitely on the welfare of the rescued horses and other animals.

This year, I bought an annual membership for myself and 3 children (family) which only cost about £3 more than one trip for myself + 3! So definitely worth it. (I do actually donate separately each time I go there as I don't want to rip off what is essentially a charity!)

We go many weekends, we particularly liked the Christmas event held in early December (which was free!!) and the staff are likeable and very friendly. My daughter loves playing in the Barn and the outside playground whilst I chill out reading and wandering round looking at the animals.

If you have a child who (like mine) likes doing the same thing each weekend then do consider getting an annual membership. Just for the play facilities alone it really is great value. And the animals and birds are so sweet!

Visited January 2013
HWLady11, Guest Relations Manager at HorseWorld, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We're glad to hear you have been enjoying your visits to HorseWorld.
We agree, we do have a very reasonable membership scheme http://bit.ly/GUUqmQ.
We look forward to seeing you at HorseWorld soon!
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I went there for the Christmas Carol Concert December 2012. The Staff were very warming and friendly. There were lots of different activities for Children to do. There was lots of outdoor seating as well as a cafe. Rain or Shine a great day is inevitable. There are so many horses and donkeys, each with their own fact file. This really opened my eyes to the wonders of horses and the fabulous work that Horse World do to protect neglected horses.
Would recommend this attraction to in a heartbeat!

Visited December 2012
HWLady11, Manager at HorseWorld, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We're pleased to hear you had such a great time at our Carol Service. It was a very successful event and we appreciate your support!