“A Little Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 83 Bristol B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, and what a lovely hotel. The staff were very welcoming and our room was delightful. You could not fault the evening meal or the breakfast. The whole place is full of character and charm and I would defiantly recommend this little gem of a place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bristol, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We have been going to the Old Manor House for 10 years and have seen it under several owners. This time, we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary (a fact mentioned at booking) as we have done several times before. Having not been for several months, I can only say we were disappointed. On the positive side, the food is stlll very good: I was impressed with my mussels and steak; my partner with her prawns and moussaka. Also, more wines, including Proscecco are now available by the glass. But, sadly, there the praise must end. We were really disappointed with the evening. There was no acknowledgement that it was a special occasion, despite the mention on booking. The good wine ordered was not the mediocre wine provided (to be fair, we were only charged for what we had). Mineral water had to be requested three times. Several things were off the menu. The atmosphere and service were simply not the same as we had enjoyed for the last few years. Some staff seem to regard diners as a nuisance rather than guests. This is a lovely venue: the setting benefits from its age, The combination of relaxing bar and period dining room is its great selling point. But the Old Manor House needs to regain the sense of specialness that it had if it is to remain more than another place to eat in Keynsham.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Lovely hotel, warm reception from all staff and food to make your mouth water .....
We couldn't have asked for any more.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Merthyr Tydfil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Lovely hotel with loads of history, beautiful fireplace in bar and lots of creaky floorboards in room which I love. The staff are great very welcoming, we stay in lots of hotels but not many have the receptionist show you to your room like the Old Manor House or give you a guided tour when you check in. The rooms are small but great, small flat screen tv and tea and coffee making facilities, bed also had a memory foam mattress. Breakfast was lovely, cereal and hot breakfast, again served by friendly and helpfull staff. We did not eat here but they have a restaurant. Keynsham is not the most exciting place in the world but they have a few pubs and restaurants in the village. Lovely old church there which you can see from hotel and some sad old remains of the abbey, Recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
mmickeeee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Ok I have rated this place 3 out of five because when I booked through Booking .com there was no mention of it closing the bar and restaurant at 4pm on a Sunday. The pictures display lovely fires and oak beams which is the reason I picked it.

We arrived at 2pm and were seen to very quickly. We were told straight away the bar and restaurent were closing at 4. It was disappointing as my dad is not the most mobile could not walk very far so we had to find somewhere else to eat.

The rooms are clean and comfy.
At breakfast there were no pastries as advertised or fruit.
Overall I would give this place another chance but not on a Sunday.
Location is good for both Bath and Bristol

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
The O, General Manager at Old Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your review, I do apologise about breakfast, this has been passed to the member of staff on duty and I will make sure it doesnt happen again. With regards to Sunday please contact me directly when you book again and I can make sure you are looked after even when the restaurant closes.
This is noted on our website and I will make sure booking.com are fully stating it from now on. I hope to see you back at the old manor. please contact me directly if you have any queries.
Kind Regards

Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

We had been looking for a place to stay without any luck when we came across the old manor house hotel. We were welcomed with open arms and filled with delicious food before enjoying a wonderful sleep in our beautiful rooms. Despite not having children here often the hosts made the entire family comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012
The O, Guest Relations Manager at Old Manor House Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments. I hope to see you back at the old manor soon
Kind Regards

Charlotte
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Lunch for 6 booked on Fathers day for 2pm - great - having read good reviews we were looking forward to our meal.
Oh dear - quite obviously on arrival it was not going well - eventually we asked about our table at 2.30pm and were told they were running late; I think it was the lack of genuine care and concern for us as paying guests; we got to the table at 3pm; service was ordinary and food good but tepid; sullen waitresses and the need to ask twice for everything - mustard; water; a bottle of wine; and then when it was time for desserts there was a menu of significantly reduced options to the ones we were expecting from the original menu. We paid and expressed our disappointment and still there was no apology or concern - just a statement that 2 waitresses were off sick and what was she supposed to do about it. Belligerent and ungracious and took the £130 without a blink. Speechless. There are tons of positive reviews - what happened this time?? If you are having a bad day - own up and apologise and offer some compensation - its basic customer service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I have notified all staff about them and I can only apologise. I would like to welcome you back and please book directly through myself and I will ensure your visit is worth remembering. Thanks Charlotte

Been to Old Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!