“Very nice, convenient and very friendly.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre

You added Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Temple Way, Bristol BS1 6BF, England (Formerly MINT Hotel Bristol)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early, up to 25% off
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Bristol
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Very nice, convenient and very friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We have stayed in The City Inn, Birmingham several times so knew exactly what to expect and to be honest we think this one is better than the one in Birmingham.

The rooms are perfect for a one or two night break, not huge but plenty of storage, very clean and everything we needed was there. We had a room on the first floor, normally I prefer much higher due to noise issues but our room faced the rear and it was so quiet and peaceful, even for me a very light sleeper and with the Harbour festival going on.

Breakfast was very good, we went down at 09.30 and they were running out of some of the rolls etc but feel sure as they were servisng until 11 they would of been replenished.

What made this stay nicer than Birmingham? The service. The reception staff were very friendly and efficient and gave us our rooms even though we arrived early (expecting to just be able to leave our bags and go off into Bristol) with no problemjs whatsoever. No pressure to leave a credit card on the booking for any extras.
The staff in the dining room for breakfast were extremely friendly and helpful, really pleasant. We had pre booked and paid for breakfast in our package but our room numbers were not on the list for inclusive breakfast and none of us had our slips - that was no problem whatsoever, they took our room number and we had breakfast and no grief when checking out with any extras. This has happened to us several times over the years and everytime we have had to explain more than once we have paid and have even had issues when checking out so it was a refreshing change to find that we had no issues here.

The hotel is a very easy 4 to 5 minute walk from Bristol temple Meads Sattion and about 10 minutes or so to Cabots Circus etc.

Yes I would stay here again, well done City Inn for helping us have a fab weekend in Bristol and keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

My wife and I had a fantastic time there, with great staff, food and accommodation, and with such an amazing location - it has to be the best in the area. The Imac and free (and fast) wifi were especially welcome.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

We found teh hotel very much as advertiied. We found the staff efficient and were very helpful. The rooms are not the biggest but are clean and the imac is a nice touch. For thos not staying on business and on a budget there are several places you can have breakfast in Victoria street or in the business park opposite there is a Wetherspoons which is open for breakfast 7 days a wekk and a Starbucks. The hotel is around 500 yards from The railway station and a similar distance to Victoria Bridge. The actual centre of town is a littel further.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

This has to be my find of the year.

Tucked away in a not too fashionable part of Bristol this hotel has nice sized rooms, with elegant modern furnishings, iMac entertainment centres in each room, blistering wifi and a superb restaurant with a great wine list. Add to that helpful friendly staff and price under £100 for B&B if you pre book and I doubt you could do better anywhere in Bristol.

They have a couple of other locations as well which i will definitely try

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have being staying in City Inns since they opened and go back time and time again as they are stylish, comfortable, have great restaurants and the service is always good. However, this trip to Bristol’s City Inn was a real disappointment. When we arrived we waited 20 minutes to be checked in, not because they were busy but because the two members of staff on the front desk had no idea of what they were doing. On top of their incompetence they were being rude to the customers. We were given a disabled room. We were not asked if that would be Ok, in fact it wasn’t as I am partially sighted and I kept banging into things in the bathroom and went home with several bruises. When I asked about changing rooms I was told that was not possible. This hotel does not have a great location but normally I would be glad to overcook this because the hotel and service are so good. This time I felt that the poor location, problems in the room and the unhelpful staff spoilt the trip. I still stay in City Inn Hotels in other cities but in Bristol I have now switched to an alternative with a better location and friendlier staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hessle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

The City Inn Bristol was recommended to me by a colleague, knowing how appreciative I am of good business facilities. He wasn't wrong! Before I go into specifics, this hotel is fabulous for business travellers. It doesn't have the swimming pool you never have time to use, what it does have is some of the smartest technology in any hotel I have ever stayed at in the whole world. I'm an Apple fan, so this place was bound to please and I was gobsmacked to walk in to my room to see that it actually did have a fully functioning Mac! You can get TV, DVD, hotel information and obviously the Internet! I even had a skype call with my fiance!
The hotel itself is a little walk from the City Centre and the car park is small - it was full when I arrived so I had to park elsewhere until later in the evening. The hotel also charges £8 per day to park your car, even whilst staying as a guest.
The room itself is very modern and had a fully stocked mini bar (many hotels don't do this anymore, so plus points here to City Inn). In addition to the Mac desktop, all of the hotel provides free wifi (Marriott take note!) which worked flawlessly.
Air Conditioning in the room is powerful so kept me cool on what was a very hot day. The bathroom was small but functional with shower that seemed to either spray hot or cold and not warm!
I took breakfast in the hotel and it was cooked to order with a wide (but not huge) selection of items.
Overall, for £75 per night, this is a stunning hotel for business travellers. The City Inn concept has clearly had a lot of thought put in to it and the rewards are there to see - at the time of writing this hotel ranked 6 of all hotels in Bristol. It's a breath of fresh air in Bristol - I've tried most of the hotels here and they're all awful apart from City Inn. From a cost/benefit point of view, this is without doubt the best hotel in Bristol. I cannot rate it highly enough. All of the other hotels in Bristol are a very poor second when compared to City Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

I'd stayed in City Inn Glasgow before and been very impressed so was expecting big things. I have to admit to being just a bit disappointed this time.

On the plus side, the location is fine - 5 minutes walk from the station, 10 minutes to restaurants and shops. The City Inn philosophy seems to be to offer luxury standard at cheaper prices by skimping on the room sizes and location rather than on service levels as other budget chains do. Therefore, the room was very nicely furnished. It wasn't spectacular though. - maybe that's because this hotel is over 10 years old now and others have now caught it up. The room was also very small - fine for just 1 person & their stuff but I think it may have been a bit cramped if Mrs D had been in tow on this trip. Although there was air-con, it was a bit noisy and rattly. One undisputedlty nice touch though was the I-Mac in each room with free wi-fi.

The restuarant food was good but service not brilliant which let it down a bit. We also had some problems with the air-con and Wi-Fi not working in the meeting rooms which the reception staff tried their best to fix but again these problems spoiled the overall impression a bit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre? Share your experiences!