“Enjoyable experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre

You added Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Temple Way, Bristol BS1 6BF, England (Formerly MINT Hotel Bristol)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Bristol
bristol city centre, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed one night since my daughter was attending university open day We had a great experience and we found the staff very helpful (unable us to leave luggage during day) staff and the good accomodation was of a very good standard - A very enjoyable time

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Sylvie G,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to read you had such a pleasant time with us and the team were both professional and friendly. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area, perhaps to visit your daughter in one of our universities.

Kevin Byrnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed in this Hoyle for one night for a Hen Party. There were 17 of us altogether.

The hotel is lovely, in a great location- close to the train station and town centre.

The rooms were very plush and came well-equipped with hair dryers, irons toiletries, shower caps etc, although a little on the small side. We only needed the rooms for a bed and a shower though so the size of the rooms didn't concern us.

We checked in Saturday the 21st June and checked out on the 22nd. Check in was smooth. And easy.

All staff were attentive and friendly a willing to help when necessary.

I can't comment on evening food or lunch as we ate out.
Breakfast was delicious with a huge selection of food, waffles and branded cereals.

The only issues we encountered with our stay were:

1: The cost of parking (which we were not informed about upon booking) £10 a day!!! Glad we were only there for one night. I believe parking should be inclusive of the price of the hotel.

2. Myself and my friend who shared a room had issues getting into our room after out night out. Both of the keys didn't work. We could understand if one key didn't work, but both? Unacceptable. Especially as my friend returned back to the hotel before me and had the issue first (resolved by going to reception at 2am) then I came home later at 3.30am and had the same issue- I didn't think to go to reception, so knocked to wake my friend up to let me in. Really not on. I know I probably could have gone to reception but I shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place... The keys, or at least one of them, should have been working anyway.

3. My biggest gripe- the air conditioning!!!! It was horrendous!!! I would like to say that it was just the room that I stayed in but as we were part of a hen party we paid for quite a few rooms and everybody had the same issue, the air conditioning did not work in any of the rooms. I can understand that England isn't known for hot temperatures but the weekend we stayed at this hotel is was two very hot summer days on the Saturday and the Sunday. It made sleeping very uncomfortable. I would not return to this hotel unless I knew for definite that the air conditioning was fixed.

We were charged £25 deposit per room in case of any damages. I don't know if that was just because we were a hen party or if that's a general rule.

I can't comment on 'value for money' as I didn't book the hotel for the group. I would imagine that for 17 of us, a lot of money was exchanged.

Overall it was a pleasant stay but especially as we're coming into summer now, the air conditioning really does need addressing.

• Stayed June 2014
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Ejtraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre and for providing such detailed feedback on your experiences with us.

I am delighted to read you found the hotel to be the ideal location for your stay in the Bristol area and our team to be both attentive and friendly.

I note your comments regarding the charges for car parking and am sorry you feel you were not advised of these prior to arrival. Our website clearly states there is a charge for parking at the hotel, which is in line with all other hotels in the Bristol area.

I have spoken to our Facilities Manager regarding the air conditioning challenges you experienced during your stay with us and we cannot find any fault with the system, though as you note the weekend was particularly hot and we did assist many guests with air conditioning in their rooms, finding many had simply left the window open which renders the system ineffective and was easy to rectify and ensure the enjoyed the rest of their stay. I am sorry we were unable to assist with your room during your time with us.
Once again, thank you for your comments and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Guisborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights. Rooms are bright and modern looking with plenty of drawer and cupboard space if you like to completely unpack and not live out of a suitcase. Bathroom was compact but functional. The addition of an iMac inplace of a TV is a unique touch but doubt many would use it as a PC (preferring to use their own) and like earlier mentioned not really suitable for a TV - with its restricted menu, however there is a good selection of channels including Sky Sports.
Breakfast was good but staff were a bit over keen to remove plates. The restaurant has a good varied menu but is ridiculously expensive - £10 for a fish finger sandwich!!!!
Location is good no more than 10 mins to either the station or town centre

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear sparty328,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in our city and found the hotel to meet your needs. I note your comments regarding the service at breakfast and will ensure this is addressed with my Food & Beverage Manager to carry out the required training, in addition to looking at our pricing to maintain it's competitiveness. The HGI brand does also feature a pantry area in the lobby which offers food and beverage at a lower price point for guests to enjoy in their rooms to ensure we cater for all our guests and I would encourage you on your next stay to see what is on offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in the area.

Essington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

On arrival to this hotel, we were impressed with the on site parking, in the shade. Perfect on a sunny day. Checking in was easy, Reception staff very helpful/friendly. Reception have an easy to read/use town map with all the local attractions etc. included. (Brilliant when you don't know the city) Our room was overlooking the park. Small, but comfortable and modern. There was a fridge and a safe in the room. The location of the hotel was great for walking into town, close to the shops and the river. The hotel has a lovely Bar & terrace. Friendly/helpful staff. Breakfast was included in our room rate which was very nice. Great selection of hot and cold foods on a buffet/help yourself basis. Check out was at 12pm which was great. Parking was chargeable but the ticket is valid for 24 hours. The only disappointing thing we found was the air conditioning was poor and didn't cool the room. Otherwise a great stay and would return.

Dear RaeFletch,

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The room was a bit small for our family of 3, but I can't fault it as it was a double and not advertised as a room for 3. The quality and standards of fittings was very good. The iMac was a nice touch, but technophobes might find using the TV through it a bit confusing. Dinner and breakfast were both good, but very busy due to a coach trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kevin B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Alphamusic,

I am delighted to read you found the hotel to be to your liking and enjoyed your dinner and breakfast in our restaurant.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the start of June and could not really find any faults. We had no issue with the parking as we arrived fairly early and didn't really take the car out once we were in Bristol.
I did originally find the £10 per day parking charge a little high but as we were able to park there all day and all night, I suppose it's not bad for a city centre.
We were greeted by friendly staff upon our arrival who gave us advise on the best routes to take based on where we had told them we were planning to go. We were also provided with maps which was handy.
We were staying on the 4th floor which an elevator takes you to. The room is fairly small but it was plenty big enough for myself and my partner as we only really slept and got ready there, the rest of the time we were bury exploring the wonderful Bristol! The room has everything you could need and the toiletries were plentiful and to a high quality. The shower was amazing once you get the temperature setting right! The iMac was handy however my partner did watch the football on night and didn't think much of the picture quality. The WIFI was easy to connect to and we didn't have any problems with internet connection the whole weekend. There was a small fridge in the room which was great as we had brought food and drink with us for the room.
The bed was SO COMFY I didn't want to leave it. Soft, squishy pillows and a lovely firm mattress! It took us a day to figure out the air-con but once we did, it worked perfectly and really cooled the room down which was lovely when the window only opened a little as standard in hotel rooms! We didn't have any issues with noise from the traffic but we were at the back of the hotel overlooking the park and not right next to a main road as it is at the front. Room service was great the one day we did have it but I personally find it a little unnecessary to have it every day so we left our Do Not Disturb sign most of the time.
The hotel is in a great location, about a 10min walk to the city centre which was nice as it meant we weren't right at the heart of all the hustle and bustle! There is a lovely park right opposite the hotel which is next to some very beautiful church ruins. Once you get your bearings in Bristol, it is very easy to get to the city centre, train station and many other local attractions.
I would stay at this hotel again if i was visiting Bristol and would definitely recommend it to anyone planning to visit for a short break.

Dear KS1288,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to read you found the hotel to be to your liking and the the staff to be attentive and friendly.

somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

clean & quiet but room was small. good internet connection, big bed. not enough places to put things in the bathroom and shower. To get ice to you room you have to go down to reception and shovel it in to a bin bag and take it back, not very well thought out.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear William S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre.

I am delighted to read that you found our rooms to be clean and quiet and the internet connection to be good.

Kevin Byrnes

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Bristol City Centre? Share your experiences!