“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rockleaze House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Rockleaze House
You added Rockleaze House to your Saves list
91 Gloucester Road North | Filton Park, Bristol BS34 7PT, England   |
Ranked #23 of 89 Bristol B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at Rockleaze House for two weeks shortly after starting a new job in Bristol whilst I found a permanent place to live. I cannot recommend this bed & breakfast highly enough. Terry and Coleen who run it are excellent. They are both very kind and approachable and really do go the extra mile, for example, Terry offered to aide my search in looking for a property which was very kind of him.

The rooms are comfortable and kept immaculately. They are tidied each day with fresh towels and coffee/tea replaced as well. Each room comes with a flatscreen television with freeview and there is wifi through the house.

Some rooms have en suites however if you get a room without one there are two WC's and a shower to use as well. There is also a basin and mirror in the rooms with a socket to charge your razor/toothbrush/etc.

The breakfasts are served from 7am and are lovely. There is a big flatscreen television in the room so that you can watch the morning news as you eat.

The bed & breakfast is located on a main road with a drive to park your car. I did not notice traffic going by throughout my stay so you are ensured a good nights sleep. It is literally 5 minutes walk to Airbus Filton and there are a plethora of buses to take you into the city centre should you need to.

Nearby there is a small Tesco store which is open until midnight and there are plenty of places to get food of an evening, 2 pubs, fast food, etc.

I think the best thing about this b&b is the value for money. There is a PremierInn 2 minutes walk from Rockleaze House and literally costs several times more to stay per night, and I can whole heartedly say that it is nowhere near as nice to stay.

This place is ideal for those visiting Airbus/Rolls Royce/etc!

Overall the service, comfort and quality is brilliant, especially considering the cost. This will be my first port of call should I need a place to stay in Bristol in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

What a poor business manner.
I emailed and received a reply with a mobile contact number.
I phoned and spoke to Terry who said he'd let me know the following day.
I phoned again the following day and he said he'd check and email or phone me back.
He did neither.
When I phoned to check 2 days after the initial email he said he had nothing to suit us and when I suggested he should have emailed or phoned to inform us, he hung up.
I have since emailed him again to let him know I'm very disappointed with his attitude
I suggest you only go if you're thick skinned!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

Very confortable, everything is fine, clean. The location is very good for both business purpose and holiday one because near there are large companies and Bristol center could be reached in a short time. The WiFi signal is not high and I couldn't have a full use of it because in my room it was low.

• Stayed June 2011
Nowy Sacz, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Rockleaze House is a pleasant and spotlessly clean place where one feels comfortable and welcome at all times. The owners, Coleen and Terry, are a very friendly couple who provide excellent service.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Brasov, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Friendly atmosphere, large, comfortable rooms, clean towels, delicious breakfast. It's a pitty they don't have a bathroom in every room. Great for business people and for those who go to UWE Bristol for conferences. I have enjoyed my 3-day stay a lot.

Room Tip: Just ask for one with bathroom.