This is a very good B&B in a fabulous location in trendy Clifton in Bristol. Within easy walking distance of a number of good places to eat and drink (Cowshed Bar and Grill does early bird £10 steak deals, 6-7pm, Mon-Thurs. YUM! [thecowshedbristol.com]) and a short 2 min walk to a bus line into the city centre (40-50 min walk to harbour). We stayed in a first floor room overlooking the park. Room was large with a huge bathroom with free standing bath and separate shower cubicle. Room was very nicely decorated and was equipped with good quality linens, towels and toiletries (REN skincare). Beds were VERY comfortable.
The main downside to the rooms was the noise from the flooring which became very annoying with every movement from us and those in the room above. This needs fixed.
On arrival we were met by a very helpful girl who let us store our cases until our room was available and recommended a visit to nearby Clifton Village (well worth it) and the Suspension Bridge while we waited. Parking may sometimes be limited but we didn't have a problem getting parked out the front.
Breakfast is served in the two rooms on the ground floor with park and city skyline views. What is on offer is of very high quality. We especially liked the stewed fruit and the fruit bowl. However an added option of fruit salad and pancakes/waffles/muffins may be welcome for those not keen on more traditional cooked options. Considering the price of the rooms the choice is a bit limited. It could also take a while for cooked breakfasts to come to the table although the staff made everyone aware of any wait and toast/coffee/tea was offered immediately (along with top ups).
Bristol is a fantastic city with lots to see and do over a long weekend. Highlights were Clifton Village, graffiti spotting in Stokes Croft and Nelson Street, St Nicholas Market for the AMAZING food stalls, the harbour side walk and just generally chilling and enjoying the good food and relaxed vibe. A suggestion for the B&B would be to have some printed maps and bus timetables (like on offer at Tourist Information) available in reception/in the room as other than a map of Clifton Village no other maps were available.
All in all a definite recommendation for a relaxing and luxurious stay in Bristol.
- Also Known As:
- Number 38
- Number Thirty Eight Hotel Bristol
- Number Thirty Eight Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer ten stylish bedrooms in a recently refurbished Georgian merchant’s house at the top of the city. We offer an alternative to the corporate environment of city hotels, providing a contemporary 'home away from home' feel — focusing on the highest level of comfort and care. With panoramic city views from the rear of the building and the vast expanse of Clifton Downs to the front we are ideally placed for a short stop-over or weekend city break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Number Thirty Eight reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.