“People friendly/dog friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Bristol
SE England
“People friendly/dog friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were greeted in a friendly manner and that included the dogs. The hotel was comfortable had all the facillities we required including support for physical disability. We really enjoyed our overnight stay and will definitely come back again. It was surprisingly quiet in our ground floor rooms, given its easy access to main roads

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall the hotel is OK!!! I would call it budget.. The hotels interior is dated but retro it could do with an update tho!
Key points- the bar had run out of vodka, no room service and even though it was stated there was!! got told to go to the 24/7 garage across the road!!!!
Our room, was again very dated, although flat screen TV, the complimentary teas, coffees etc, were vile!! We stayed for 2 nights and altho our room was cleaned nothing was topped up! The window had awful mould and didn't open very well!! the general room was scruffy, tierd and tatty, no mattress protectors!!
The black out curtains were amazing and towels were big also comfy bed!
The staff were lovely although the bar maid seemed unsure as to what she was doing although she was very nice, we did get charged twice for a couple of drinks!!!

Overall I wouldn't stay here again just because of the price, the website needs to be updated with pictures as it's very miss leading!! But I wouldn't say my experience was terrible nor wonderful, just some key points to be addressed and more attention to detail :)

Also watch out for the ghost (creaky floor boards!)

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you want to be checked into an occupied room, have to have dinner delivered from a local eatery and be woken at 1am by staff entering your room....then this is the place to stay!!! Otherwise I suggest you never set foot in this poor excuse for a hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Truro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Ordered 3 course meal and main came out before starter then waited another 15 minutes for starter to come out, after starter we waited another 30 minutes for the main to come out, and then had to waited 1 hour 20 minutes for the dessert to come out. The restaurant had 4 people plus me and 2 colleagues, so was very quiet asked for a refund due to the wait on the dessert and was offered £5. Not satisfied at all!

• Stayed December 2014
GM_ArnosManor, General Manager at Arnos Manor, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your comments with regards to your stay here with us at The Arnos Manor Hotel It is much appreciated.
I read your comments with disappointment and please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on this visit, rest assured I have shared your comments with the team so they can take action and ensure we do not encounter the same problems in the future, we take all feedback seriously and strive to deliver the best service and good quality food, once again thank you for your comments and I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Kindest regards
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here whilst visiting relatives in Bristol.The bed were really comfy and our room was spotlessly clean.It's a lovely old building that yes could do with a bit of a make over but then we probably couldn't have afforded to stay there!!!! What really made it for us was the staff -they couldn't be more helpful and friendly if they tried.Will definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Arnos Manor Hotel. I read your comments with interest, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, once again thank you for your comments and I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had our work Christmas do at Arnos Manor on Friday 5th December, it was an excellent evening ! From booking with Tayler , who was really friendly and helpful , to the waiting staff and DJ , everyone did their up most to make the evening enjoyable. The food was very good and not one negative comment from any of my 18 workmates. The DJ was very friendly & played a really good mix of music to cover all ages and played everything we requested
A great night was had by all will definitely be booking again for next year.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at the Arnos Manor Hotel. I read your comments with interest, I am pleased you enjoyed your party, once again thank you for your comments and I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We booked for 20 people on Sat 6th December for one of the Christmas Party events. Considering how many they had to cater for the food was hot and very tasty. The staff were helpful and pleasant and the seating and layout worked really well.
The disco was great fun and the bar prices not stupidly expensive. I would recommend it for a great value Christmas party.

• Stayed December 2014
With all of our kindest regards

Been to Arnos Manor? Share your experiences!