“Reception” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 86 hotels in Bristol
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Reception”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Staff at the reception not very professional.Good at the check in but not very good during the night.The check out slightly better.
Room was very clean and smelling good and all other facilities okay,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre - Haymarket, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Aris,

I do read all the comments on Tripadvisor and address any issues with all my team, which I will be doing with my night team.

Thank you.

774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel was as good as you should expect from Premier Inn and nice and handy for Bristol City centre. I would recommend booking breakfast as the satff were friendly and food was good, but would not recommend using the Beefeater restaurant for your evening meal. Waited half an hour for drinks to be ordered and an hour before dinner arrived only to find that they got the order wrong, and to top it off they failed completely to bring my son's dessert. Good hotel, terrible restaurant.

Hi Christiea,

I have read your comments on your stay and about the evening meal in the Beefeater.

I will pass on your feedback to Richard in the Beefeater.

Thank you for taking the time to write to Tripadvisor and hope you do come and stay with us again.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of premier inns and this one i didnt feel met the standards of the others, on arriving i was told there was no parking spaces and if i wanted to park they could get me discount which would reduce my parking to £20 a night and a 15 minute walk which I thought was ridiculous, I parked else where about 15 minutes walk away and came abck to the hotel and booked in myself as everyone seemed too busy to be bothered to book me in, the room itself was fine, clean an typical of premier but the reception staff and hospitality in general were none existant and i felt i was basically left to get on with it. parking no good and reception no good.i was here for 3 nights and each day was the same.

Room Tip: choose the one at cribbs if you can
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre - Haymarket, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hi Darrin,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay.

I am sorry you were unable to get a car park space at the hotel. We only have 55 spaces for our 224 bedrooms. That is why we have had it put on our Premier Inn web site it is on a first come, first serve basis.
The NCP will only give us 15% discount.

Once again, I am sorry.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very warm, courteous & helpful staff

Clean & quiet rooms right in the centre of Bristol

A bit pricey for a budget hotel (I paid £70-£80/night for a double room), but other than that I have no complaints

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Thank you for your comment on your stay.

Hope you visit again soon.

Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My children and I stayed here for 3 nights, the staff were very friendly and polite. the room was cleaned to a high standard. My son was sick during our stay and staff provided me with a disinfectant pack and offered help if we needed them too. Also someone had been into our room every day and left us clean towels, tea, coffee and milk and hovered, which we thought was a lovely touch.The breakfast was superb and we had our meals at the beefeater, which is part of the premier inn and the staff at the beefeater were friendly and polite. Especially mark who entertained my boys by showing them magic tricks with a coin lol. I didn't give a 5 star as when I booked the premier inn I was told on the website that check in was from 2pm, when we arrived at 2.15pm our room hadn't been cleaned. We had to wait until 2.50pm before we could get into our room, normally I wouldn't have minded waiting, but we had just had a long and exhausting train journey and we were tired. We will be returning next year to this premier inn as we had such a wonderful time.

Room Tip: we were in room 602 on the 6th floor, it is a lovely sized family room, there are 3 lifts and one wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre - Haymarket, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your comments on your stay. I am sorry about the delay on getting in to your room.

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

if you are staying at this premier inn make sure you arrive early or you will not get parking at hotel this hotel. as it has 1000 plus rooms but only 55 parking spaces
we stay at this hotel in august we arrived at 6pm we were greeted by a lady manager who told us kindly that there was no more spaces for parking handed us a map of a n c p parking that we could go to we were tired with a 7 year old child and not in mood to drive back in to centre to find parking we ended up parking in loading bay manager was very helpful with our bags but i did feel very unrelaxed with this situation and under pressure to go in through back door we still ended up paying £8.50 to park there and we had no access to car

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay here at the Bristol Haymarket.

Sorry about taking you through the back entrance. The netrance would have been easier and quicker than going around the building with your luggage and son.

Sandhurst, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night when attending a meeting for work, and it was chosen solely for proximity to the office. 5 of us arrived together and there were already people checking in so we used the automatic check in macines. These were fine once we worked out how to bypass the car registration number screen as we didn't have cars with us.

My room was on the 12th floor. The lifts aren't particularly quick and they were busy as quite a few people had just checked in and one of the 3 was out of order, but I got up to my room eventually. It was quite large, clean, comfortable, adequate storage space and very typical Premier Inn in style of decor. The only thing I didn't like was the net curtains. There is a secondary glazed window locked in place and the net curtains are between the two windows so you can't pull them back. An earlier reviewer has mentioned this, and the hotel have responded you can ask to have them removed when you book, but would you really bother? I just don't see the point of them on a high floor where your room is not overlooked and would prefer it if they weren't there.

I found the water pressure in the shower a bit variable and it was quite difficult to get it on anything other than freezing cold or scalding hot. When I returned to my room having been out for the evening there was a bit of a funny smell in the room. This disappeared after I had the aircon running overnight but even with the fan on the slowest speed I was in a draft of cold air all night.

Breakfast is in the attached Beefeater restaurant. There was a reasonable choice and fortunately we got there ahead of the rush. The actual area where the food is laid out gets crowded very quickly - and the toaster is the sort which gives you warm bread unless you put it through twice.

Overall, the hotel was well located, clean, comfortable, polite and friendly staff and it was somewhere to crash for the night, which was all I wanted. It does what you expect from a Premier Inn and I would probably book this hotel if I need to come back to our Bristol office again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dawn W, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol City Centre - Haymarket, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay here at the Bristol Hyamarket.

My maintenance team are looking at in to the shower pressure on your floor.

We do hope to see you again.

Dawn and team.

Been to Premier Inn Bristol City Centre - Haymarket? Share your experiences!