“Excellent food!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 1,424 Restaurants in Bristol
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bright and colourful, the Souk Kitchen on North Street is a vibrant eatery that has brought a brand new style of dining to the Bristol restaurant scene. Encouraging people to share and to try new things, the menu at the Souk Kitchen is filled with small plates, mezze, dips, tagines, salads and grill dishes that are inspired by the traditional souks of Damascus, Marrakech and Beirut. Created using aromatic produce such as preserved lemons, tahini, honey and orange blossom, this is a stellar, moreish menu that you and your family and friends will love. The d��cor at the Souk Kitchen is an eclectic mix of candy-coloured wallpaper and shelves stacked with ingredients including couscous, saffron and rosewater.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great food, wonderful to try something new. I would definitely go back again in the future and I'd recommend it to friends.

Visited November 2013

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great atmophere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Visited this little restaurant for the first time last week for a work xmas dinner. 8 of us were easily accommodated and although the restaurant is small they have not crammed in too many tables so it feels comfortable, modern and light.
They desrcibe their food as Persian, and their xmas menu has a great choice of dishes reflecting this.
We started with Mezze for all - lamb stuffed aubergine rolls, sardine fritters, falafel, herby rice salad and flatbread - all absolutely delicious and Casablanca beer (Moroccan) went very well.
Main courses were all well received in our group and my braised ox cheek with couscous was very tasty indeed.
Puddings were definitely to die for. The olive oil cake served with pistachio crumb, and greek yogurt ice cream was the best restaurant dessert I've had for years.
Overall, an excellent restaurant with very friendly service. Definitely worth the taxi journey from the city centre. I will definitely be returning here and bringing my family!

“Glorious food - scary waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I came here with my friend for brunch last sunday and we both had Shakshouka - mine with sauteed potatoes and his with feta - which I would highly recommend. The food was delicious and the latte was nice too. All the staff were very friendly apart from one gentleman waiter who scared me a little bit to be honest - he seemed to just chuck the food on the table with no pleasentries at all. I'm not really a fussy customer but I do like some manners when I am spending my money on a service and food.
I would still recommend this place though as the food makes up for it and if you can look past the grumpiness then it is worth it - shame really.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“First Class Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

First class little place always enjoy popping in when I am over from London, if you are in Bristol go here and try it out as you will not be let down.

However one little criticism and it is little , the staff could be a little more on the happier side seemed when some of them came to you it was as if they simply could not be bothered...might have just been a bad day for them...other than that great food.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“such a shame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

my friends and i love coming to souk for brunch on the weekends when we aren't working (rare).
we normally have no complaints about anything but today is different.
the waiter was extremely rude.
i ordered souk eggs and asked to have no creamy cheese sauce, it's not that i don't like the sauce it's just that i wasn't in the mood for my breakfast to be covered in cheese. the waiter said point blank "no. that's how the dish is served, you can't have it without". I asked why, it's not hard to just not add a cheese sauce at the end and he was like "no" i was pretty annoyed about it because it should be up to me if i have cheese on my breakfast or not! i explained that i didn't want too much sauce and he 'compromised' with telling me i could just have a small amount of sauce. i don't understand why he had to be so rude and difficult.
he was also very abrupt with my friend who asked how long her drink was going to be 15 mins after ordering it. he really spoilt the start to our day as we were out celebrating my birthday.

• Visited November 2013