“If your staying in Bristol book here!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 86 hotels in Bristol
“If your staying in Bristol book here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Service stayed on our honeymoon on our way to Cornwall the staff went out of their way to help make our stay very enjoyable.

I would recommend staying here to anyone reading this review, I am frequently away on business and haven't had better service even from the likes of Crowne Plaza or Intercontinental.

• Stayed July 2013
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review and please accept our congratulations on your wedding. I cannot thank you enough for your kind words and recommendation. I will ensure this information is shared throughout the hotel.

527 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location near Cabot Circus. Large rooms, comfy beds, large bathrooms with lovely rain shower over the bath. I had one of the few smoking rooms on the top floor with a balcony. Didn't have breakfast as booked on room only so can't comment on the food. All in all though, good hotel for a Holiday Inn

• Stayed June 2013
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great review. I was pleased to read all your positive comment’s regarding our location, hotel and facilities. I will ensure this feedback is passed onto the whole team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed there overnight to visit my daughter at Bristol University graduation ceremony. The hotel is nice and welcoming not too far from the coach station and with this very nice weather we are having made my trip to Bristol excellent. I like to praise the young decorating chap who stopped his work - was very courteous and helpful in giving me a hand with luggage to my room and explained how to use the key card. Well done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your glowing review. I was pleased to note you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I was also delighted to read your comments about Kofil, I will ensure this feedback reaches him.

Sherborne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is an excellent hotel ideally placed for central Bristol and around. It is a slight pain to have to use an NCP car park but the reception staff make it reasonably easy to get in an out as required. I had a problem getting out on one occasion but the very helpful staff sorted it for me.

Rooms are great but beware over weekends when there are apparently often groups on stag/hen parties and they can be noisy. They are usually on the lower floors so ask to go higher if this worries you. Rooms with odd numbers are at the back which tend to be quieter since at the front is one of the main roads/roundabouts (the Bear Pit) in Bristol.

Restaurant is good even if portion control is none too evident! A huge evening meal was very nice and the omelette for breakfast was freshly cooked for me - very nice!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms at the back are quieter - higher floors away from crowds for noise reasons who us...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As you can imagine I was happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and more so that you were able to take advantage of our discounted parking rates.
As a hotel we cater for all guests and groups, this from time to time does include stag and hen parties however we always manage to carefully control what room and what floor we place these on so it does not impact other guest’s experience.

Once again, thank you for your positive review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and everything was of a standard that we would expected. Pleasant welcome at check-in, very comfortable room, excellent breakfast. Of particular note was the particularly knowledgeable and helpful concierge who took the time and effort to point out numerous Bristol attractions. One amusing? note - I could help but be amazed at the woman who helped herself to a large number of pastries, after she had finished her breakfast, wrap them up carefully in a napkin and walk out of the restaurant with them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and effort to complete an online review. I was happy to note that we met all your expectations. I will ensure your kind words regarding our concierge staff are shared amongst the team. I do hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre in the near future.

Kind regards

Birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I attended the hotel on an overnight delegate package (Dinner, B&B, meeting room, buffet lunch) and although we got a good rate, I was disappointed. Check-in was rushed and I wasn't asked whether I wanted a wake up call or newspaper (the Priority Club member in front of me was) and the member of staff also didn't invite me to choose from the dinner menu - I was phoned later and reminded that I hadn't chosen!
I was also allocated a "disabled" room, number 404 (I have no need for these facilities), which meant I had to use a wet room, rather than a standard bathroom. The fixed shower head was so scaled up that when used, water sprayed everywhere; the only other option was a very low hand-held shower attachment. Finally the carpet in the room was stained in places and needed cleaning.
Breakfast was fine and offered a good selection, but dinner wasn't great. The menu offered little choice and the main dishes were over-whelmed with pepper and were obviously a cheap option for meeting delegates (the full menu sounds very nice though). My colleague was worried that the menu didn't indicate which dishes contained nuts and had to send back her dessert for this reason. It was also a very hot day and we found the air conditioning in the restaurant inadequate and were very hot by the end of our meal.
On the plus side, the conference centre staff were very helpful and efficient and our conference room nice and cool and well equipped.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Firstly, thank you for giving an on line review. As I’m sure you can imagine I was extremely disappointed to read of your feedback. Please accept my personal apologies for the shortfalls within your stay. I can assure you the issues you have raised have already been dealt with. These shortfalls aside, I would just like to assure you as a hotel, we regularly de scale our shower heads on a 3 monthly basis as well as having all the carpet’s within the hotel cleaned via an outside company on a 6 monthly basis in addition to our in house team.

I would also like to thank you for bringing to my attention the feedback regarding our conference menus and information provided. This has been passed onto our Head chef who has been tasked with making the necessary adjustments. I was however pleased to note your positive feedback about our conference team, I will ensure this information is passed onto them.

On a separate note I would be grate full if you could contact me via email: gm@hibristolcity.co.uk or telephone 0117 924 5000, as I would like to have the opportunity to restore your faith within the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the Bristol Holiday Inn as part of a package hen weekend. We were all very impressed with the service from all the staff, cleanliness of the hotel and the lovely spacious clean and air conditioned rooms and modern bathrooms with good multi purpose showers!! Superb 3 course dinner and lovely breakfast. To top it off parking was free until we left on the sunday after a shopping trip!! Would definitely recommend it and would stay again.

BRSCC-FOM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your positive review. I was happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I believe with our product, location and most importantly my team, we offer great value for money along with a great experience.

Myself and my team look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regard’s

Gavin Ethridge

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre? Share your experiences!