“Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bristol Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hilton Bristol Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Bristol Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Woodlands Lane | Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JF, England   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £46
Ranked #31 of 86 hotels in Bristol
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here one night bed and breakfast. Room was spotless and spacious and cannot complain about anything. For the evening meal I had the chefs special for £16 which was two courses only problem was I was full after the first course, breakfast is buffet style with plenty to choose from, the food was lovely. Drinks a bit pricey but then again it's in the middle of an industrial estate so they can charges that bit extra as there is nowhere else to go. Although I didn't travel by car they charge for parking which I couldn't understand as it is not in the town centre. Staff were very polite and couldn't do enough for you. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear MarieWat,
Thank you so much for your great review following your business trip to the Hilton Bristol. It was great to hear that your had an overall positive stay and the whole team look forward to welcoming you back soon. I hope we get that pleasure.

699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel hosted our sons wedding. Staff were exceptionally friendly and couldn't do enough to make sure everyone was looked after. We can't thank staff enough for helping to make this occasion such a fantastic day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had a 2 day seminar at this hotel which the company i was doing it with paid for bed breakfast and evening meal! even though i live only like 15 minutes drive from the hotel! the room was spotlessly clean and really comfortable! a really good night the evening meal and breakfast was really nice! the only very minor downside was the bar was slightly overpriced! but for a hotel not to bad atall!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RFinn, General Manager at Hilton Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Craig B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com following your earlier stay with us whilst on a training seminar.
I was glad to read that you had such a positive and productive stay at our hotel. Our paramount aim is 100% guest satisfaction and it is always so rewarding when this is achieved. I have passed on your review within the hotel so that my colleagues can be congratulated for all of their hard work.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.
Yours sincerely, Richard.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a nice hotel even though it is in the middle of an industrial estate. It is easy to get to being very close to the motorway network. The hotel is modern,the rooms spacious,and the staff are well trained.There is a major drawback however the bar prices are very expensive (not everyone who stays there is on an expense account) - the wine list is very overpriced for wine that is not that special. If this problem was put right then the hotel would be a terrific place to stay - it is a bit out of central Bristol but if you are looking for a stop over then you could do worse.

Room Tip: No tips - all rooms appear to be OK
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RFinn, Manager at Hilton Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear grum2519
Thank you for your review. Your comments, both the great and not so great have been shared with the team here. I has glad to hear that you had an overall pleasant stay with us, enjoyed the room and received great service.
In respect to your comment about the bar prices, please note that we are competively priced against the other establishments of a similar qusality in the lcoal area and constantly monitor this.
I do hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Swanley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed in the Hilton Bristol for one night in March.

We'd booked 2 standard double rooms with a special offer, so the price was really good. Arrived early to the hotel and our rooms weren't ready however the very polite and friendly receptionist gave us a free upgrade on both rooms so that we could check in straight away.

Didn't have an evening meal, but breakfast was included in the price. Lots on offer. Everything was self service, my only issue with that is the time taken queuing to grill toast. I'd prefer if toast was delivered to table with teas/coffees.

A free drink voucher was given with the upgrade and sitting in the lounge area for a drink in the evening was very pleasant.

Checking out was very simple, we found an envelope had been pushed under the door during the night, with a checklist we could tick and deposit into a box on the front desk with room key and I'd be emailed an invoice. Extremely painless.

Only complaint: As with a lot of hotels, the bed was quite hard and not supportive. As someone with a bad back this leads to a poor nights sleep, waking up often to turn over where my back was hurting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
RFinn, Manager at Hilton Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear JayneyRob,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.com following your recent visit to the Hilton Bristol.
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and in particular our Brunel’s Hat restaurant for breakfast. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all staff concerned.
With thanks once again and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Bristol in the very near future.
Tibshelf, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had to book this hotel because i was unable to book a room at my usual hotel that was available within the budget allowed by my employers.
The room smelled odd when I moved in but this was probably due to the cleaning agents used in the bathroom and once I had used my toiletried and made a coffee it wasnt noticeable anymore so I didnt complain.
The bed was very comfy and had plenty of lighting including positionable reading lights which I appreciated as it meand I didnt need to use up battery in my Kindle light
The breakfast was very good - buffet with lots of choice and hot and tasty and the eggs were runny and not like bullets.
My only complaint is that Wi-Fi is not free and I object to paying exorbitant fees just to skype home and check my emails and i think that Hotels should all offer free wi-fi these days.
But if you dont need wifi or dont object to paying then this is a good hotel to stay at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Julie W,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hilton Bristol. I was delighted to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet.
I noted your comment in regard to the provision of free internet, and wanted to inform you that we provide complimentary internet access with increased bandwidth in the bedrooms to our Hilton HHonors loyalty programme Gold and Diamond members. There is complimentary internet access available to all our guests in the hotel's public areas, bar and restaurant. We have also checked our local competition and we are competitive in the rates we charge for the increased secure bandwidth internet access when compared to similar establishments.
I hope that we may get the opportunity to be of service again on a future visit to Bristol.
Yours sincerely, Richard.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a terrible journey from Ireland we found the staff excellent. The room was perfectly fine and breakfast was by good overall we were very happy, I agree with other reviewers the car parking charge is expensive given that the hotel is in a business park! We also though that wifi should have been included and the £10 charge for an n upgrade which was 2 bottles of mineral water and couple of biscuits is definately very poor value dor money. Overall we would definately consider this hotel again although the parking is definately a negative.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pauline F,
I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel, and in particular our Brunel’s Hat restaurant buffet breakfast and the service provided by the team here. Please be assured that I have passed your very kind comments to all staff concerned.
Happy travelling! Richard.

Been to Hilton Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!