“Check behind the furniture???” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bristol Hotel

You added Hilton Bristol Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Bristol Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Woodlands Lane | Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JF, England   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #31 of 84 Hotels in Bristol
Dundalk, Ireland
“Check behind the furniture???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Horrendously filthy!! Dreadful accommodation, run down and no housekeeping standards. Staying for two nights, week just gone, I was late checking into my room, it was the last one available and was certainly not what I expected. As I was hungry, I looked around for the room service menu, none in sight, I thought it may have fallen down behind the TV unit. I was horrified to see the filth behind the unit and afraid to pull it out. I rang for the manager on duty to come and see the dirt. The Manager said it was appalling. I was left in the filthy room and no offer to clean it. Sleepless night was had.(I do have photos)
Breakfast the next morning: poor service, no orange juice in the canister, no tea/coffee offered during the time I had gotten and eaten my breakfast. I did ask for the juice to be filled.
I did inform the General Manager, had my room changed for the second night and compensated for the poor standards. The hotel has obviously suffered the loss because of the poor standards, however all I expected was a clean room that I could sleep in and a basic breakfast. Would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room in the 'brick' area are clean and new.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel isn't city centre, nor is it billed as such. It is perfect for the motorway and surrounding areas.

Extremely friendly staff
Free parking on weekends
Great english breakfast
Huge modern room including complimentary wine and chocolates which were a great touch.

For £80 a night what more could you want

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
southampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stay at the Hilton Bristol every year for a convention and have done so for at least 4 years. Our first couple of visits we were very impressed with the hotel and everything it offered. However the last two years we have visited we have found a decline in the service provided by the hotel. Last year wasn't too bad, we had a very nice deluxe room which was newly furnished, but the breakfast service was slow and lacked efficiency in service. This year we found our room unimpressive. Although it was clean the bath had bad lime scale and mildew in the groat. The room was very basic for a 4 star hotel and didn't even provide a sewing kit or note pad and pen.
I had asked for a paper for Sunday Morning, which I never recieved.
After a day out on Saturday, both a friend and I were unable to access the room and had to get key card reactivated.
Breakfast was worse then the year before. My friend who was a vegetarian asked for vegaterian sausages which they didn't have.
I informed the hotel in advance that I have celiac disease and would need gluten free bread for toast. I asked the waiter for gluten free toast who went to ask the chef. She came back 10 minutes later with defrosted bread. I said I asked for it to be toasted, and she said I could use the machine on the buffet. I explained I can't use the machine and the chef will need to toast it, I also asked for the bread to be cut open when it was toasted asit was quite thick. another 10 minutes and the toast was brought back, but it wasn't cut open. I did order an omlette also and this was nice but the bread was stoggie like it was only part baked. The next day the bread was the same stoggie in the middle like it wasn't baked properly. I was going to have the scrambled eggs on the buffett with it but they hadn't brought any fresh eggs out when I went to go get them and in the time I sat down for my breakfast no eggs were brought out and I didn't have time to wait.
I feel the overall experience wasn't as good, especially as we had stayed at another 4 star hilton the week before in Bath and the service and room were faultless. It seemed that cost cutting to services is very noticable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

excellent stay as usual, one of our favourite Hiltons, breakfast excellent as per usual, excellent location right near motorway, friendly staff, excellent value break

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I only gave 4 stars instead of 5 because the hotel is not in the city centre, other than that, it is an excellent hotel. Spacious rooms with complimentary water and wine, helpful staff, good buffet. I travel a lot as a tour guide and this hotel was rated very highly by my demanding customers. No steps to access reception/ground floor rooms, so it's also very convenient for people with limited mobility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here last year for 4 nights and experienced a few problems but we had a much improved weekend break this time around. We were checked in fine, having initially booked for one night, and our room was on Floor 2 this time. It was a much cleaner and less tired looking room than last time, good size with a double bed for us and pull-out sofa bed for our 5 year old son. Plenty of good quality towels and toiletries were provided as usual. We like to sleep with the windows open but we were in Room 202 and it was noisy from 6.30am, presumably because it was above the restaurant, but this was rectified by closing the windows.

That night, we decided we would stay an extra night and I booked this with reception. Unfortunately the next day we were locked out of our room and they said we had not booked another night but this was soon rectified and we were allowed to remain in the same room.

We used the excellent leisure facilities frequently. They have a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and good sized changing facilities and showers. The steam room was out of order when we arrived but was fixed by the next morning.

Location is good for Cribbs Causeway but not for central Bristol. It is just a minute from the motorway junction off the M5 so good for exploring the surrounding area.

One thing I will say is that the later you have breakfast, the less likely you are to get a full selection or service for coffee and tea. It was not that busy when we there so no excuse really. However, when we were served, the staff were all friendly and polite. The bar staff in the evenings were excellent too, our young son loved the ladies behind the bar and they were all really efficient and really friendly towards us all.

All in all, much better than our last stay but missing the 5th star for not booking the extra night when they said they had and the breakfast not being up to scratch if you do eat later and the noise in room 202. Overall, I would be quite happy to book again though.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Its a hotel just off the motorway which most people use to break their journey. The plus points are the breakfast and the pool. The bad points are, the hotel carvery is totally over priced, as is the bar. There is a Toby Carvery just down the road where you can eat for a third of the cost. I think they are reliaing on thier guests being too tired to go out for a meal, or arrived by coach. Its just a hotel you stay at on the way to somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!