“Better than the Reviews; Not for Tourists” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Bristol Hotel

You added Hilton Bristol Hotel to your Saves list
Hilton Bristol Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Woodlands Lane | Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JF, England   |
Offers & Announcements
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Bristol
Washington, DC
“Better than the Reviews; Not for Tourists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

First, this is a business/meeting hotel far from the tourist areas. It's only two stories high but meanders forever. With no elevator in sight, take the porter up on his offer to bus your bag to you room. There is no executive lounge but the breakfast room is pretty good. But i liked it! It was quiet, clean, friendly and comfy. Unlike many hotels in Europe, the AC works even in moderate temperatures.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

I stay in this hotel quite regularly (about once every two weeks) and I do not agree with some of the comments about the staff in this hotel - I would rate them all as excellent!!! I wish I could say the rest of the hotel is excellent. Some rooms are average other are good - I have yet to have a bad room or an excellent room. The evening meals could be better. I have ate in the resturaunt, bar and room service - all are over priced (but it is a hotel) but the portions are small. The drink at the bar is expensive. If I could give any advice to the manager of the hotel it would be to visit the citzen M hotel in glasgow - and copy their IT and in room movies. I still find paying for a movie / wifi in a hotel as completly wrong - look at citizen m - free wifi and about 40 on demand movies for a room that i paid £70 for!!!!!. It is good that Sky sports 1 is in your room. Pool is good for hotel. I have been told on good authority that a snack bar a short walk from hotel is excellent. If it werent for the staff I may have started looking else where. One receptionist in particualr is the best receptionist I have seen at a hotel - and I travel a lot.

If you are looking for place for business near filton this beats the Aztec (just) but if you or on a liesure break looking to visit bristol their will be better than this hotel. The whole place does need an update along with IT & TV etc.

rob140567
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here on several occasions in Jan 2011 and found it to be great value, great staff and very reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HiltonBristol, General Manager at Hilton Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I have informed my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

This is the 1st review I've ever felt the need to write-AVOID this hotel
My husband and I chose this hotel because of the location, and that is where the convenience stops.
It's £5 for parking (which we knew about prior) but I don't know why it costs anything, there are other hotels in this area that don't charge and actually have a better car park.
We were assigned room 106 for 1 night. This was the ground floor (if you weren't on the ground floor you had to take your bags up flights of stairs due to there not being a lift)
The room was ok, it had good blackout curtains. The t.v. was in a weird position and the tea and coffee was almost hidden! The mattress was very hard, there was barely any give in it.
The shower was an old shower hanging over a very old small bath, of which we didn't attempt to use either of them as there was soap remnants from a previous bar of soap in the integrated soap tray, so who knows what else they hadn't bothered to clean. Yuck.
The walls were paper thin, I could hear the people above me using the bathroom and walking around.
But the worst part of the stay was the extra door in the room, when you opened this it revealed a locked door to the joining room. Although this doesn't immediately seem terrible, its not until the man next door starts snoring and doesn't stop all night that you realise how awful it is. When I dropped off to sleep I was woken up again. It was a LONG night. we didn't complain as it was already late and thought by the time they moved us it would be even later so we just bared it and decided to never use Hilton hotels again!
So in summary, chose another hotel in the area!

Dear Jenn2k74,

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst I am dissapointed to hear your experience was not a good one, I have shared your feedback with my team. We are currently planning a final phase refurbishment which will see all our guest rooms, including 106 brought upto date.

I have discussed your comments regarding housekeeping standards with the manager and please be assured we are working hard to improve our standards.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

went here as a last min deal and we had a lovely night ,room was clean and tidy we used the gym and the spa( hotel prices are a bit over the top £3 for a coke) hence we didnt eat in but all in all we only paid £69 and that included breakfast so we cant complain.staff were helpfull and polite oh and we did have to pay £5 for parking . We recently stayed at the aztec hotel across the road and this is by far a better hotel though and you dont pay for car parking but like i said for the price we paid it was ok .

Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed two nights, hotel as expected , but bar prices were quite expensive, buffet breakfast was very good and staff were friendly. £5 pernight to park, and if you haven't got a car you're out on a limb as hotel is situated 8 miles from Bristol, nearest station Parkway is a coupe of miles away. Internet access is £15

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

If you like being ripped off at every opportunity, have money to burn, enjoy mediocre food and don't mind being woken up early, then this could be the perfect hotel for you.
Internet charges are very high, as are the car park charges (yes, you have to pay to park) and drinks, food / bar snacks etc. There's a lovely big widescreen tv in every room, but if you want to watch a pay per view film, it'll set you back £10.30.
The restaurant staff are cold and inattentive (with the odd exception), while the surroundings and food are only average.
There is an ok gym, pool and sauna for guests to use included in the room price, but if you can live without these, Premier Inn offer a package that includes a guarantee that you won't be woken early in the morning by housekeeping staff and noisy guests / doors slamming, plus better food, lower prices and a much friendlier service.

Dear Jupiter2508,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I have shared your comments with our restaurant team and we have initiated a series of training modules so that we can improve our level of service.

We are aware of our shortfalls in today's fast paced IT savvy environment, and please be assured that we are working hard on providing value for money experiences for the future.

I do hope that you will soon see the benefits when you are next staying in a Hilton and I look forward to welcoming you back to Bristol in the near future.

Warm regards

Been to Hilton Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!