“Excellent central hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bristol Hotel

You added The Bristol Hotel to your Saves list
The Bristol Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Harbourside | Prince Street, Bristol BS1 4QF, England   |
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Bristol
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Excellent central hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the Bristol hotel the rooms are large, comfortable and modern, free WiFi and water in the rooms. The hotel is in a great location on the waterfront with bars and restaurants all within walking distance. Free parking as well makes this hotel a great choice will definitely recommend and stay here again. Good breakfast buffet too.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you enjoyed your experience here at The Bristol Hotel.
We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad that our facilities were to your satisfaction.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

The Bristol Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend and my partner was very impressed. I had already told him what a great place this was as stayed there often and he was hooked. When we arrived it was busy and despite it being 2pm our room wasn't quite ready. We went to the bar and within half hour the receptionist brought our keys over and a voucher each for cocktails by way of an apology. We used those that evening.
The room was spacious and very clean. We were at the back which is the best place to be in my opinion as you can see the river. The coffee maker was great as were all the facilities and so comfortable. I had forgotten to pack a couple of toiletries so rang reception and within 5 minutes they had been delivered to our room.
I have always liked this hotel. The service is excellent and on par with some of the bigger London hotels. It's central and within a ten minute walk from the station. It's located in my favourite area of Bristol, close to pubs and restaurants and the river.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gareth B, Director of Operations at The Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the weekend.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, in particular that you found the room spacious and comfortable. It is wonderful to hear that you and your partner enjoyed the service we have to offer.

Once again, I thank you for your wonderful review and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon.

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Would definitely recommend The Bristol Hotel. It's fantastic location is easily within walking distance to the shopping areas of Cabot Circus or Park Street and the restaurant and bar areas of the harbour. Our room was lovely and we didn't (unlike other reviews) find the bathroom too small - great coffee machine, dressing gown robes and slippers provided. Very quiet (mid week stay probably helped!) It also had a great view of Pero's Bridge and the boats. Breakfast was nice, good choice - Full English, continental, fruit and pastries. Breakfast is served in the lovely Riverside Grill restaurant with great views. The staff are polite and helpful. We would love to stay there again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the amazing 5 star review!

I am delighted that you had a great time with us during your stay. Its pleasing to read that you have enjoyed the additional features of our deluxe room category – great coffee in the room is an excellent way to wake up in the morning!

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Bristol Hotel soon.

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

we arrived from airport to hotel at 10am and staff were very helpful got us a room straight away. water delivered to room with daily papers. coffee maker and kettle wide variety of tea to try; very quiet to relax in room. near all the shops an waterside and markets. checked out 5 in the morning staff helpful. we stayed for three days and would def go back..

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review and for taking the time to tell others about The Bristol Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the your room and took advantage of exploring our beautiful city.

Thank you for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

rooms clean and provide everything you need for a stay, just bring your clothes. Service from the staff is very good always pleasant and helpful.
Have stayed here twice and would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review!

I am delighted you experienced our teams warm and friendly service throughout the hotel.
We do endeavour to create a personal and memorable stay and I am glad our staff has been able to convey this part of our culture.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was a little too compact and I felt cramped. The bed is incredibly comfortable (feather & down mattress topper + duvet + pillows). There was a nespresso machine in the room which was really good, however the socket on the desk where the machine was placed, could not accommodate the plug head. I had to move the machine to the bedside table to plug in and enjoy an excellent cup of coffee. Because of the size of the room I was in, the TV which was on the desk, was very far away from the bed but that wasn't too much of a problem as I didn't watch TV. The air conditioning in the room didn't have a remote and the display was not useful. So I pushed a few buttons, managed to get it turned on but I had no idea how to control the temperature etc.

The breakfast spread is one of the best I've experienced in terms of variety and good quality. There was smoked salmon, european hams and cheeses on top of the usual english breakfast fare, which also offerred vegetarian options.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel purely on the plusses: comfy bed, excellent breakfast, good quality coffee, shampoos, soap etc provided and there was a safe, ironing facilities and hairdryer in the room.

The downpoints which didn't bother me too much: the cramped bathroom, the little things that I wish were clarified (ie prices of the bottled water and gin in the room weren't stated anywhere, so I decided not to have any), the bathrobe was very rough and uncomfortable, the inability to plug in the nespresso machine where it was placed.

There was a minor issue with the parking ticket when getting out of the car park, but that's not the hotel's fault. It is an NCP carpark I think, and after a few tries, the machine accepted the ticket and let us out.

Location wise, it's beautifully by the quay and walking distance to restaurants and bars. I had a lovely dinner with my colleagues at Graze which was just a minute away from the hotel entrance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review,

Firstly I am delighted that you commented so positively on amenities provided to you in your bedroom.

Obviously it is disappointing to hear your of your concerns regarding your stay. Please do accept my sincere apologies.

If returning to Bristol please feel free to get in touch with me directly and I will be happy to personally look after your future reservation.

I hope to see you again soon

Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were blown away when arriving to our room by experience the first hotel in 20th century not offering airco in the room. The inside temperature was good 30 degrees celsius and one can only imagine how it was to dress up there after 2 persons taking a shower.
The rooms were very small which is normal big cities but in that heat it made you want to jump out of the window.

Oh wait, the windows did not open for safety reasons more than little bit just enough to let the noise inside from the street but not ventilating at all.

Pros:

-Great location by the river
-Classy looking reception
-The young italian lady at the reception who made it all almost bearable
-Ironing in the room

Cons:
-NO AIRCO, did I mention that?!
-Elevators seem legit deathtraps
-Breakfast so so
-Tiny room with smelly bathroom, no soapholder, no slippers
-No fridge
-Cleaning unfriendly and unprofessional, there was a dirty rag left on the table when we returned
-Big signs in the room telling to lock up all the valuables. Not saying anything but there was bracelet that went missing during the stay from an unlocked luggage.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with airco
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor review regarding your stay with us. I was very disappointed to hear about the issues that you experienced as this is far from our usual standards as you can see on Tripadvisor.

I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly on gareth_byrne@doylecollection.com and give me more details (room number and name) so that I can look into the matter and remedy what issues may have arisen during your stay. Standards of service are the hallmark of our business and clearly in this instance we did not deliver

I would like to assure you that we welcome your feedback and as we are a learning organisation we appreciate all feedback and find it very valuable in moving forward and improving the service that we provide to our guests

Once again I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel and thank you for making us aware of the issues that you experienced.

I look forward to your response so that I can regain your confidence in our hotel.

The Bristol Hotel

Been to The Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!