“Impeccable food & service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Impeccable food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having just returned from a Saturday evening family meal I honestly cannot understand how people can give this restaurant any negative comments. They must surely work for rival restaurants?!!
Fantastic food with perfectly timed & friendly service.
Price worked out just over 20pounds per head which included starters, wine and service charge. I've regularly paid more than this in Thailand!
This is the first time I have ever taken the time to write a review in over 20yrs of travelling and dining out as I truely feel this restaurant gets wrongfully chastised with some of the reviews it recieves.
If you're looking for a la carte then try Ramsays in Chelsea but for authentic Thai you won't go far wrong here.
Well done Bangkok house and thank you for making my birthday fantastic.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bristol
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've been here a few times now, and every time there are very few diners, which I think is a shame because it's a nice place. Maybe it's because the service isn't particularly friendly - in fact I'd go as far as to say their manner is stiff and cold - but they're not rude, and they do the job and the food certainly is very nice. I particularly like their Pad Thai. Aside from a hair in my food once, I haven't had any bad experiences. It's not the cheapest of places, but I I'd go there again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Some of the best food I've ever had. Really, it's not the cheapest, but it was all bursting with flavour. The staff were all really nice, so I'm not sure why other people gave bad reviews for that. This is a really good place to eat and will go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Thai in Bristol. BUT...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've always loved Bangkok House, and go back regularly for the food. You must have the (Mushroom) Hed Tom Khar Soup (no need to add Chicken to it, it doesn't add any flavour), ITS A TASTE SENSATION that brings us back time and time again. They give it 3 x hot chilies on the menu, don't be put off if you don't like hot food, its quite mild. I like the Gai Pad Ma Muang Himmaparn (Chicken with Cashew Nuts) for main, but often get them to hold the pineapple. The waiting staff are quite pleasant, BUT the Manager/Owner (often found working behind the bar by the entrance) does unquestionably come across quite brash. I've been going there for about 8 years and he's been like that the whole time. It doesn't bother me, its his way, but I do see some peoples reviews on here who've taken him to heart!! Anyway, you'll go back for the food, its good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phuket, Thailand
“Good food, unfriendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on the 4/1/13, we arrived at 8pm, and were shown straight to our table. We ordered starters of prawn toast, and chicken satay skewers, which arrived with a flaming pot to cook them further if required, we both had green curry with rice, and I ordered 1 of them to be mai ped ( non- spicey) which I have to say was great for my fiancée. Living in phuket means I feel in a position to make an honest critique of Thai food, so I would say that in bristol this would be a good restaurant to eat thai, the down side to this review is the attitude of the staff, which I have to agree with other reviews that were the rudest Thais I have encountered, the boast in the menu of Thailand being the land of smiles, is true, however this is not the case in the Bangkok house.