“Great for wheelchairs!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Bristol
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Great for wheelchairs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Firstly, this hotel is great for wheelchairs. Good parking - albeit a bit rough, so take care. I found the barriers a bit of a pain - dont forget to get your ticket stamped in reception, so take it in with you.

The worst bit, and its only a small bit, was that the reception area was very noisy. Somehow the acoustics made it very hard for me to hear the receptionist. It might have been just busy elsewhere, but I was alone in the reception area. Its a small beef, but I struggled there.

My room was very comfortable and easily accessible. I don't know if its just me, but the beds seem to be getting smaller these days. It was a double, but it would have been nicer if it was a king.

The breakfast was great, the staff really helpful - the chef even knocked me out a couple of poached eggs. That was a treat.

I really enjoyed my stay, very comfortable and relaxing. You also have a choice of two restaurants to have an evening meal at. I enjoyed Sampans, a great experience.

Would I stay there again? You bet.

Room Tip: 108 Disabled room was large and window faces the car park.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
LaraBeechey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am extremely pleased that you had a very comfortable and relaxing stay with us. This is how we want all of our guests to feel. I will be proud to share your comments with my team and thank them for helping to make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the reception area. Please be assured that I have taken your comments on board to review with my Front Office Manager.

It’s fantastic to read that you would stay with us again and my team and I are very much looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Lara Beechey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with work. Clean, compact rooms- liked the complimentary Mars Bar! Good breakfast selection. Easy to find from the motorway. The bar menu was varied but on the more expensive side for food. Car parking was ample.

• Stayed April 2014
LaraBeechey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be a good place to stay and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Hove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My partner & I stayed here for 2 nights May bank holiday, to attend a wedding on SS Great Britain.
We stay in many hotels abroad and in the UK and this is one of the cleanest we have found.
The room was a good size and looked out to a garden where there were Geese with their babies, rabbits, squirrels - lovely.
Plenty of tea/coffee. The bedding was clean and the sheets/pillow cases, crisp & white. What made it for me was the bathroom was spotless with a great power shower and bath. The towels were White and thick and fluffy, wonderful.
We ate in the restaurant when we arrived on the Friday evening. What did disappoint me about the hotel is the prices for food and drink, which were excessive for this type of hotel, but they know they've got you unless you try and find somewhere and would have to drive.
Breakfast was very good with a great selection. Pay in advance when checking in at reception and they give you tickets. This is much cheaper than paying direct as you go into the breakfast room. Unfortunately on Saturday morning there was a family with their young kids (kids still in PJ's!) who were screaming & running around the room. The parents didn't stop them from causing disruption and we had to move tables. However we could still hear them. This is not the fault of the hotel, but I think the breakfast manager should have asked them to control the children as other diners also made comments about them.
We used the swimming pool and that was a nice size and again, very clean. Towels are available in the pool area reception, so you don't have to take your own.
On the Sunday, before making our journey home, we walked around the grounds and watched some people fishing in the small lake. The setting for the hotel, although near the motorway is lovely.
I have given 4 stars because of the price of food & drink, but our room, friendliness of the staff, cleanliness and facilities would be 5 star plus. A really enjoyable stay and when next in Bristol would definitely book here again.

Room Tip: We had room on 1st floor. Lovely view and sunny. Buy breakfast vouchers when checking in to save mo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay whilst recently visiting Bristol.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us over the May bank holiday and that you were particularly impressed with the cleanliness of our public areas and rooms. I will be extremely proud to share your comments with my Housekeeping Team and ensure that they are recognised for their hard work.

I am sorry that you were disappointed by our food and beverage prices. Please be assured that we do review our pricing regularly and that we are in line with others hotels in the area. We do our utmost to provide great value for our guests; please do not hesitate to contact Bristol@ihg.com prior to your next stay to ensure that we can offer you any inclusive packages that may be available.

Thank you once again for your review and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the bank holiday weekend. We had booked and paid in advance and got a good deal. Our executive room was at the back of the hotel and was very quiet. The room was clean with adequate facilities. We used both restaurants and enjoyed our meals.
As ever with Holiday Inn hotels all the staff were pleasant, friendly and efficient. Breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday were really busy but there were no delays or lack of food. Again I noticed the staff never got flustered and were dealing with customers in a friendly and efficient manner.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Raphael H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay over the bank holiday weekend and found the staff to be friendly and efficient and your room to be clean and quiet. I will be very proud to share your feedback with my team.

Once again, thank you for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting the area.

Raphael Herzog
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Thanks so much for posting my dopey husbands shirt to us after he managed to leave it behind in the room last weekend! Much appreciated!
He says he had a very pleasant stay, room was clean and the breakfast was scrumptious.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
LaraBeechey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for leaving us a great review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay and particularly enjoyed our breakfast offering. I am also glad that your husband has received his shirt.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.

Mumbles, Swansea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed twice. Good sized room, good facilities. Efficient reception service, lots of parking, good location. Used room service once, BUT No free wifi anywhere in the hotel and costs £5 per hour or £28 per day which is ludicrous. Would like to be able to stay again as it suits me but lack of wifi is a show stopper - too reliant on it for work these days to be without.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving us feedback following your second stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am very pleased that you enjoy staying at the hotel; however I am sorry that you are disappointed by our Internet charges. I am pleased to let you know that we do currently offer complimentary standard Internet for Platinum and Gold IHG Rewards members and that we will be offering this benefit to all IHG Rewards members from 1st July 2014.

I do hope this has restored your confidence in our hotel and that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed as a family group for 2 nights over bank holiday weekend. We were in Executive rooms, they were of a good size and clean, however not sure what made they executive, there were no robes or slippers, just a couple of bottles of water, 1 mars bar and a few extra bits on top of the usual bathroom amenities. The bed was comfortable and had a nice view of the lake. Both nights though were disturbed by large groups of young men banging and crashing in out of rooms and knocking any old door, they should of been blocked booked into one section of rooms.

Lounge bar - Was shocked to be charged service charge for a tea and sandwich, and at £3.65 for a cup of tea we didn't bother again.

Breakfast - great selection was something to please everyone, even pancakes for the kids

We had one drink in the bar on the 2nd night, but there was no atmosphere at all and returned to our room,

Leisure - strange set up had to walk through the gym to get to the changing rooms, which are in a dire need of updating. But the kids enjoyed a splash around.

There is large grounds and play area to keep families happy.

Great location and easy to find, not stuck in the city centre but easy access to all of Bristol.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Raphael H, Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback following your stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay; however I would be grateful if we could discuss some points from your review in more detail. Please contact me on Bristol@ihg.com at your convenience.

Please be assured that all observations have been noted for review and any necessary action to be taken and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Raphael Herzog

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton? Share your experiences!