Stayed one night on business and was very pleased with the experience. I was fortunate to be allowed to check in early meaning that I could shower and change before heading out to start my business nearby on foot. I was worried about the rain so the lady at reception loaned me an umbrella for the day which was fortunate given the weather encounted whilst walking back to the hotel. Upon my return I decided to check out the swimming pool and sauna which like the parking are complimentary for hotel guests.
The pool was not crowded but was busy with a number of people determined to swim lanes in what is no more than a small pool that is not really designed for lane swimming but for relaxing which was what I was after. Some of the guests were quite determined and borderline agressive in their desire to swim in straight lines to the point that they brushed past you or kicked you. Being a large chap I had a little chuckle with them as I floated in the middle of the pool forcing them to swim round me;-) Not exactly relaxed by this experience I hit the sauna which was excellent and had to myself for a good 20 minutes. I had a quick shower as there was no soap on the soap dispensers and changed quickly favouring a more thorough shower in my room (with soap) and got ready for diner.
I had a fantastic dinner at the hotel restaurant and ordered a bacon and cheese burger with a side order of onion rings. I was VERY pleased to hear the waiter ask me how I would like my burger cooked. I am not a fan of food served on chopping boards however my burger and onion rings were outstanding and very generous in portion size and cooked as ordered (rare). I was reassured when leaving the restaurant to see so many guests having also ordered the burger. I had a couple of pints of cider: one with my meal and a second in the bar which was busy with many eating food from the bar menu (curry smelled delicious and was being eaten by numous guests).
I must confess to not sleeping particularly well of no fault of my room or the hotel staff but due to very noisy teenagers in the room opposite. Despite feeling like a snitch I confess to ringing reception to complain at 1 am and to the credit of the hotel staff; two members of staff were knocking on their door within 5 minutes. Not that this stopped the noisy delinquints!
Breakfast is great with a good choice of hot, cold and inbetween though did not like their coffee.
Checkout is speedy and the hotel once again loaned me an umbrella for the day and allowed me to continue to park for free despite having checked out.
This is a really nice hotel with good staff set in very pretty gardens. I shall certainly pick this hotel again when returning on business.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton Hotel Bristol
- Holiday Inn Bristol Filton
- Holiday Inn Bristol
- Bristol Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that this Bristol Hotel has to offer, 15 minutes from Bristol City Centre and 5 minutes from Bristol Parkway Train Station the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton is a great location for business and leisure travellers situated in 11 Acres of land with its own Fishing Lake.The Hotel has two restaurants, Sampans Oriental, and The Junction, plus a fully licensed lounge and bar. From a great breakfast to a relaxing meal in the evening, our team looks forward to welcoming you.The hotel has 211 fully air-conditioned bedrooms and an Academy Conference Centre boasting 17 purpose built meeting rooms that can accommodate training courses, boardroom meetings and conferences to weddings, dinner dances and graduation balls.The hotel is located within close proximity to UWE, Abbeywood, Airbus and Aztec West, and easy reach of the M4 & M5 motorway network with 300 complimentary car parking spaces. Our Spirit Health and Fitness Club has an indoor pool, sauna, gymnasium, and onsite Beauty Therapist. The Holiday Inn Bristol Filton is within close proximity to Bristol s Cabot Circus Shopping Centre, The Mall Cribbs Causeway, and Bristol Zoo and is a great base explore the south west including the historic city of Bath, Cardiff s Millennium Stadium, and the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.