“VERY POOR” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Bristol
Leicester
“VERY POOR”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived on Saturday 27th April 2013 at around 12.30 pm and had booked the rooms one month in advance two rooms with connecting door also sent email requesting early check inn as we were traveling up with 3 children for a family wedding and had booked the hotel for the leisure facilities and outside play area, on arrival the rooms were not ready and was told that it would be 1 hour before the rooms will be available and was offered a drink voucher for the delay we waited a further half hour before the rooms were ready, the rooms were clean but the decor was dated and well worn for a four star hotel the kids got changed and headed to the swimming pool with excitement I followed them down to get into the changing rooms you go through the gym which can only be described as the smallest gym facilities i have ever seen !!

The changing rooms were tiny and had the sauna facilities inside, I went into the sauna which was in a very poor state and glass door facing the urinals and toilet !!! we then went through to the swimming pool which was small with half the pool roped off for serious swimmers the other half was also sectioned off for swimming classes for babies, which left a quarter of the pool for general swim what a disappointment !! kids came out after 30 mins as it was too crowded.

The following morning we went down for breakfast again booked in advance and was told there is a vegetarian/meat free option we had to wait to be seated there was a queue we waited patiently for 45 mins once we were seated I went to the hot food breakfast bar to see what vegetarian options were available and was told that other than baked beans and fried tomatoes/ hash browns, I then requested to speak to the restaurant manager he spoke to the chef and offered us an alternative of fish and chips which was ok as the kids eat fish we sat down again and waited and waited then after 45 minutes we received the meals be this time we were beyond hungry, we just went back to he room and packed ready to check out, on checking out I spoke to the duty manager who was also the leisure manager i think as he had a tracksuit on !! he apologised about the problems with the breakfast and offered to credit one of the room cost which we accepted, but still disappointed with the whole stay wouldn't stay hear again have stayed in other Holiday Inn hotels and I am a member of the priority club rewards scheme.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Holidayinn_Filton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am sorry to read that your overall experience at the hotel was a disappointing one and that the décor of the hotel and facilities were not to your liking.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments in more detail. Please contact me on Bristol@ihg.com with a suitable contact number at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to discuss your comments further.

Lara Beechey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Brentwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed Friday & Saturday night. The first night was very noisey, I complained to the branch manager and within minutes, she moved me from one room to another & offered a full refund on the first night.
The breakfast was ok. I have stayed in other holiday inn's which have been better, but all the staff were lovely.
Second Floor better rooms than first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback following your recent stay at the hotel.

I am sorry to read that the level of noise impacted your stay on your first night. I do hope that the room move and full refund went some way to compensate for the inconvenience caused and please accept my further apologies for this occurrence.

I am pleased to read that you found the staff to be lovely and will ensure that your kind comments are passed on to the team.

Once again, thank you for your review and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton in the near future.

Garstang, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here while going to Badminton Horse Trials. This H Inn is as good as the others with very good and friendly staff, food was OK, room was as good as it needed to be. The only slight down side was they got the food order wrong, but it was all sorted with a smile. Loads of parking and some super Giant Redwoods in the grounds. Will stay here again as it is so handy to the motorway.

Room Tip: I always get a high floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton to attend the Badminton Horse Trials.

Please accept my apologies that your food order was incorrect, I am glad to read that this was resolved with a smile. I am also pleased to read that you found the staff to be good and friendly and that you enjoyed the grounds of the hotel.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Medway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Room was comfortable and clean. We ate in the restaurant both nights. Service was rather slow but polite. The food though ranged from very nice to not at all nice. Fish and chips: (fish dry, batter hard) chips fine. Baked potatoes with my lamb chop very hard and virtually impossible to eat. Beef brisket fritters were excellent. So variable quality and overpriced, including the wine and bar. 10% service charge added (I hate that! - I am usually a good tipper but I do not like being told how much to give). On the second night the main restaurant was very full and they booked us in to their smaller one, there they asked for a 12.5% service charge. I refused to pay it. Breakfast was fine, good variety. So overall a very comfortable hotel but if I stayed there again I think I would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Holidayinn_Filton, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback following your stay at the hotel.

I am pleased to read that you found your room to be comfortable and clean; however I am disappointed to read that the food quality was inconsistent. Please allow me to assure you that we take all guest comments seriously and I have discussed these with my Head Chef for him to review and take appropriate action to avoid a reoccurrence.

Please also allow me to apologise that the service was slow and that the discretionary service charge information was not communicated to you. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments in more detail, please contact me on Bristol@ihg.com with a suitable contact number at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to discuss your experience further.

West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed overnight before a meeting. The room was spacious, well equipped and comfortable - large flatscreen TV, shower over bath, 6ft bed. My 3rd (top) floor room was surprisingly quiet. There was a wide choice of food at breakfast. Staff were courteous and efficient. All together a surprisingly pleasant stay.

Room Tip: 3rd (top) floor room was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay at the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you were pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton and found your room to be spacious and well equipped and the staff to be courteous and efficient. Comments such as yours are always a great morale booster and I will ensure these are passed on to the team.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with two children age 3 & 7. Family room is large enough, flat screen tv, clean etc. We booked dinner for 6.30pm (the earliest) and 3 courses took 2 half hours by which time kids had enough. Not enough staff, waited long time between courses. Poor choice of food. The dinner bed breakfast menu is set menu with what i call, early bird / cheapie choices i.e. fish & chips, chicken wrapped in bacon cheese, pasta in cream sauce etc. Nothing to write home about. Very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am pleased to read that you found your room to be great; however I am sorry to read that you encountered challenges with our service and found the choice of food to be poor. I can assure you that I have discussed your comments with my Head Chef and Food and Beverage Manager who will take appropriate action to avoid a reoccurrence.

If you would like to discuss your comments further, please do not hesitate to contact me on Bristol@ihg.com at your convenience.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

nice clean hotel, friendly at times but lacking in speed of service.

Check in experience was great in the hotel the staff were all young personable and attentive. My choice of room was available and my check in dealt with without hitch.

The hotel is well appointed and a little off the beaten track, so noise from the motorway nearby is non existent.

Rooms are well apointed ( i had an executive room)

the trouble comes when one wants to eat here - Sampans is the chinese restaurant and athough the food is wonderful, the service is the slowest I have ever encountered. this si the second time i have experienced this with this hotel in 2 years, they immediately offer you a consiliatory glass fo wine but after a long days work the last thing one needs is hollow gestures.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton.

I am happy to read that you found the hotel to be clean and friendly and your check-in experience to be great, with personable and attentive staff. It is fantastic to receive such positive feedback and I will ensure these are passed on to the team.

I am also pleased to read that you found the food to be wonderful in our Sampans restaurant; however please allow me to express my sincere apologies for the challenges that you encountered with the speed of service. I can assure you that I have addressed your comments with my Food and Beverage Manager for appropriate remedial action to be taken.

If you would like to discuss your comments in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me on Bristol@ihg.com with a suitable contact number at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton the next time you are visiting the area.

Lara Beechey

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton? Share your experiences!