Myself and a friend stayed in twin room 308 for 3 nights/4 days.
-Two entrances so if you overshoot the first entrance off the M32 (like I did) there's a second entrance available.
-Free & plentiful parking for residents (otherwise £1 per hour). Disabled parking near entrance.
-Drop-off zone at front.
-Luggage trolleys available.
-Stairs and ramp access to front doors.
-Stairs and lift to all floors.
-Friendly staff. For example I saw a member of staff give a child a well done sticker for finishing their breakfast - a nice touch.
-Clean and well-maintained premises.
-Room 308 (twin): Key card entry (one per person) to solid door with room containing storage unit (containing iron/board, electronic safe, hanging area, half a shelf), tea/coffee making facilities, fridge (empty), case stand, adjoining door, desk with 3 drawers, hair dryer, lamp, multi-TV/radio channel LG 32-inch widescreen television (movies = £5 each), circular table, upholstered chair, floor lamp, twin single beds with twin bedside tables/lights, telephone, pen/paper. Informative 'Welcome to Bristol' book (www.welcometobristol.biz). Effective blackout curtains, plus net curtains. Built-in air con. En suite bathroom contains shower-bath, towels, 2x glasses, Duke & Lyle lotions, tissues.
-Junction Restaurant and Bar & Lounge
-Sampans Restaurant - Asian cuisine.
-Spirit Health Club & Kids' Play Area - indoor heated pool, sauna & spa pool, fitness room with cardio and free-weights, children's play area & picnic benches. Various fitness classes everyday including circuits, yoga, aqua aerobics, running club.
-Spirit Health & Beauty - treatments include facials, massages, wraps & scrubs, hands, feet, tanning. Packages available.
-Receptionist told us all twin rooms have adjoining doors and face motorway.
-Breakfast chargeable (£12.95, £10 with voucher from Reception). Served 6:30-9:30am weekdays, 7-10:30am weekends/Bank Holidays.
-Wifi chargeable and expensive. I got 2/3 bars and intermittent 3G with EE on my iPhone.
-ATM by Reception, but £1.75 withdrawal fee.
-Complimentary daily newspaper for Priority Club members (free card, https://www.priorityclub.com).
-Junction Restaurant has daily newspapers to read ('i' Mon-Sat and 'The Independent on Sunday').
-Phone Reception for an extra duvet if required.
-For the nearest bus stop, turn right out of the hotel exit, walk 10 minutes until you reach a main road, and cross it for the The Gardens bus stop. Text sglawta to 84268 for times of the next three buses due at the stop. NB. Buses to Bristol centre term-time only from this stop, as located adjacent to UWE university.
-I recommend using a Satnav due to the confusing road layouts in Bristol and its fringes.
Local attractions include:
-At-Bristol Science & Discovery Centre (7 miles from hotel)
-SS Great Britain (8 miles)
-Bristol Zoo Gardens (20 minutes drive from hotel)
-Clifton Suspension Bridge (8 miles)
-Thermae Bath Spa (20 miles)
-Weston-Super-Mare (32 miles)
+There is a leaflet rack next to Reception.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton Hotel
- Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton Hotel Bristol
- Holiday Inn Bristol Filton
- Holiday Inn Bristol
- Bristol Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that this Bristol Hotel has to offer, 15 minutes from Bristol City Centre and 5 minutes from Bristol Parkway Train Station the Holiday Inn Bristol Filton is a great location for business and leisure travellers situated in 11 Acres of land with its own Fishing Lake.The Hotel has two restaurants, Sampans Oriental, and The Junction, plus a fully licensed lounge and bar. From a great breakfast to a relaxing meal in the evening, our team looks forward to welcoming you.The hotel has 211 fully air-conditioned bedrooms and an Academy Conference Centre boasting 17 purpose built meeting rooms that can accommodate training courses, boardroom meetings and conferences to weddings, dinner dances and graduation balls.The hotel is located within close proximity to UWE, Abbeywood, Airbus and Aztec West, and easy reach of the M4 & M5 motorway network with 300 complimentary car parking spaces. Our Spirit Health and Fitness Club has an indoor pool, sauna, gymnasium, and onsite Beauty Therapist. The Holiday Inn Bristol Filton is within close proximity to Bristol s Cabot Circus Shopping Centre, The Mall Cribbs Causeway, and Bristol Zoo and is a great base explore the south west including the historic city of Bath, Cardiff s Millennium Stadium, and the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.