“Very satisfied” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 86 hotels in Bristol
Orpington, United Kingdom
“Very satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is very well situated for Bristol Temple Meads Station and a reasonable walk to the City Centre. Our room was on the 6th floor with a wonderful view. Twin bedded room and very spacious. Clean with every amenity that was needed. Courteous staff both in reception and housekeeping.

Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: A higher floor room is good as the view is great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
HIEBristol, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hi Dustyollie

Thank you for review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel or indeed via email.

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
united kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed for just a night but were disappointed by the level of noise throughout the night.People returning to their rooms shouting goodnight to each other. We were woken up at 5am by knocking on the door next to our room. Then we had to listen to grown men giggling and laughing for over 30 minutes. Why do people think it is acceptable to disturb people just because they are not asleep? It is such a shame the hotel allows people to access their rooms so late during the night. It is such a shame for the hotel because the room was very clean!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HI Glenys

Thank you for feedback. Sorry to hear other guests on your floor were rather loud that night. I am very happy to hear you found our facilities up to scratch and I do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Certainly if you are looking to book again, please feel free to contact me direct and I’ll happily offer a discount on your next stay, on our behalf.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for just the night the hotel is located just opposite station so was ideal for travel
The check in was a bit slow but the room was perfect clean and free wifi
Went to the bar area to order food had to wait for a member of staff to appear the staff member was scruffy with shirt hanging out if his trousers and smelt of smoke
The food was supposed to come with side salad it was not to be seen
I tried to eat my pannini it was like a brick could not even bit into it so tried the toastie that was the same just put it outside my room
The area outside the lifts was full of litter
It would seem this hotel was either short staffed or they were lazy
Reception staff very helpful and pleasant on check out they asked me on my stay and I said they were quick to give apology and a duty manager came out and took details
They seem to take the lack of service seriously and that's good to hear
I would recommend this hotel fir location and rooms they just need to improve service

• Stayed November 2013
Hi Steve

My colleague Nicola informed me of her conversation with you. Hopefully as you referred to, we do take a serious view on issues that you highlighted and action was indeed taken to correct this.

As Nicola said, please feel free to contact us regarding a complimentary stay voucher which we will gladly offer as a gesture of our commitment to our guest satisfaction.

Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express just for one night. I was very disappointed by the hotel. The bed mattress was very soft, I felt I was falling off! There were NO amenities in the bathroom. There was a sign that one could call reception for any amenities you wished for, but I feel that the basic amenities should have been there. The decoration of the room was all very dark which made the room feel even smaller. The carpets in the corridor were dirty and the paint was getting off. The breakfast was very poor. Very little fruit and no cheese/meat. The only positive thing,which is a very important aspect, was the staff who was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIEBristol, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Hi ilseanna,

Sorry to hear some of the facilities did not meet with your expectations. All Hotel mattresses are new, however I can appreciate finding something to suit everyone is a high task indeed.

With regard to the bathroom amenities, design and lack of various breakfast meat options, we are very much restricted to UK Holiday Inn Express brand guidelines, however where possible we do try and include small differences, that may be encountered in different European Express / Holiday Inn variations.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed two nights 24-25/10/2013 whilst visiting Bristol.
Hotel is idealy placed when arriving at Bristol Templemeads Station, max 5 mins. walk.
Room(513) was towards back of the Hotel.Very well appointed for a short visit.Recently refurbed. Very clean and tidy as were the communal areas of the hotel
Staff were excellent throughout our stay, although at times very busy they were always courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Try and get a room towards back of Hotel,cuts down noise from main road at front
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEBristol, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Shakyjaw,

Thank you, we are certainly working very hard on guest expectations and staff service and customer interaction within the Hotel, so I am extremely pleased to see positive signs of this coming through. Once again, thank you for taking the time to feedback on this.

Should you wish to discuss your stay more, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

0117 930 4800
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was here just for one night on a business trip, and it was fine. The staff were friendly, the room was comfortable and clean, with decent amenities, and the hotel is very close to Bristol Temple Meads station. The view from the window - a multi-storey car park and dustbins - was about the ugliest I've seen anywhere. The real let-down, though, was the breakfast: compared to recent Premier Inn experiences, this was really poor, with cardboard croissants and a limited hot selection.

Room Tip: Room 303 is very nice, if you don't mind waking up to a really ugly view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIEBristol, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Hi Downhill

Thank you for your feedback. Our competitors do offer more breakfast range if you pay more that is true. However as an Express, we prefer to offer a simple free breakfast with sausages, scrambled egg and beans to all our guests as standard.

With regards to the city views, unfortunately being so central does mean we need to lose some perks as English rolling hills, however taking into account we are placed on the doorstep of the South West Transport network and within quick walking distance of many of Bristol’s tourist highlights, there are in fairness always going to be some downsides to any location.

Personally I recommend asking for a high front facing room, which at night really does show any passing visitor, why a Bristol skyline really does match many other alternatives.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel or directly via email on sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk

Cheddar, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed on business but check in staff slow and room not as expected.

Charges a premium price and there are better options available within the city.

Used reward points for stay, but priority check inn was non existent.

Room for improvement!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIEBristol, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hi Rog21

Thank you for your feedback and I appreciate the points you have raised are areas we still need to tackle. On a positive note, we are undergoing an increase to team members and upgrade to guest facilities throughout the Hotel, to realign the “value” perceived by our guests and members.

Undoubtedly this will cannot be resolved overnight and I apologise that on this occasion, we were unable to meet with your expectations. However please be rest assured, that rather than seeing one of our members lose out on valuable IHG rewards points, I will gladly offer a complimentary stay voucher at our Bristol Hotel as a gesture towards hopefully showing that our commitment and development towards our guests experience is our primary focus.

Should you wish to take up my offer or indeed discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel on 0117 930 4800 or indeed at the email address provided.

Kind regards,

John Morton - Senior Guest Service Manager sgsm@hiexpressbristol.co.uk

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bristol City Centre? Share your experiences!