“Would highly recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Rodney Place, Bristol BS8 4HY, England
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
No.4 Clifton Village is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #747 of 1,460 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: European, English, Continental, Contemporary
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Attached to the Rodney Hotel, Clifton, Bristol.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Would highly recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I recently returned to No4 since their redecoration, and I wasn't disappointed. The new decor has made such an improvement on this little gem of a place in Clifton village. The monday that we ate at the restaurant was had the 'Steak Monday' offer which is very good value for money in such a prime location Restaurant.

Would highly recommend

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bristol
“A secret worth sharing - Coming back soon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Like a lot of people I'd never realised this restaurant was here until I saw the Living Social deal. Tucked away in a little Georgian hotel in Clifton Village, it was a hidden gem. Great food in a calming atmosphere. We're suckers for Lamb and found it particularly beautifully cooked. I often find these vouchers a bit of a gamble, but this one totally paid off. W've found a new delight and will be back again.

Visited November 2013
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Look forward to a return visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I ate in this restaurant on the 9th with my boyfriend,we had a voucher from travelzoo.The meal promised to be cheap but I was prepared for added expense I see some other customers were not.Any side dishes were extra so you add that on plus wine and coffee obviously the bill goes up.Yes they are in the middle of decorating,this can only be an improvement,so some inconvenience is to be expected I would think.The restaurant does lack a bit of atmosphere some music would be a good idea. Now for the food,we both had the lamb which was delicious our starters were good and the panna cotta was luscious, good coffee lovely wine. Very friendly staff. I would go back again..

Visited November 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“They really need to sort this place out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went for dinner last night, using our Living Social Voucher. This was our 4th time there and it was disappointing. The food was excellent although my main course of cod was far too small and half the size of ones served to the table next to ours! When we arrived we were served a dry fizz as opposed to the Prosecco stated on the voucher, which is my favourite so my partner asked if we could have a prosecco as the one given was too dry for my palate. When the waitress brought it over, I apologise and said that unfortunately I had already started drinking it. She swept it off the table and took it away. In my opinion, 99% of staff in that position would have offered it to my partner rather than throwing it away! The same girl who was mainly behind the bar but also waiting was smart, efficient and well spoken but not at all friendly and rarely smiled.The girl who took us through to the dining room in trainers was friendly but did not, I observed , ever offer to take anyone's glasses of drinks through for them. We were not asked if we wanted a drink at any time after this and so called over the waitress from the bar and asked for the wine list which never arrived. A third very sweet friendly girl brought us our starters and offered us water which we accepted as it was almost too late for ordering wine by then as we did not know how long it would take to arrive. There is absolutely no atmosphere in this lovely old dining room and this is not helped by the staff who all need training. It has always been the same here but we have kept going back because the food is very good and we like the old building. This place so badly needs some older, more experienced staff who would welcome guests and make them feel comfortable. even the 2 girls on reception were more interested in talking to each other than making us feel welcome. Not a man in sight! Not a manger to be seen! No one keeping an eye on everything and making sure it all flowed.
They could do with some Italian waiters with personality to make this place come alive. What a waste of such a lovely location and good food. In my opinion, they could do with serving bigger portions and lowering the prices, doing some good set menus and lunch offers. They would not then need to keep doing vouchers!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
bristol
“Works Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had our works party last night, fantastic venue and excellent food, we had prosecco and canapes on arrival which were delicous followed by the BBQ which was served inside, all went down very well!! I would recommend for a Christmas Party!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere