“Really disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Really disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a friends birthday! We all love classic food that doesn't cost too much! Got to say, we were all pretty disappointed, the service was sloppy, we had to move tables 3times eventhough we booked, they got half our orders wrong! Burger was dry, bread soggy, salad was one peice of lettuce. Deffo wont return ...

Visited July 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I visited Bristol on business and was craving a good burger. I researched the Burger Joint on here and decided I had to give it a try. I'm so glad that I did! It was undoubtedly one of the best burgers I have ever had. Bold statement. I know. However, I'm certain you will agree with me when you give it a try. I had so much fun choosing the toppings and the waitress was really helpful when I struggled to narrow down the options. While I waited for the food - it is cooked to order and that's a good thing - I was able to take in the ambiance of the place. Great rock music, happy customers of all ages, and a trendy and relaxed atmosphere. It was the burger of my dreams and the sweet potato fries were excellent, too. I was stuffed and it was great value for my money. I've demanded that I be sent back to Bristol for work. I know exactly where I'm going for my first meal when I return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Take away blues”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We all decided we wanted a burger last Friday night but not just a standard fast food take away joint. So we thought we'd spend that bit extra and go for burger joint.
This is the second time we thought we'd give this place a go. First time was average second was horrid. Sweet potato fries weren't even cooked or cut properly, was just chunks of potato and the burgers were dry and tasteless. Will not be returning , for the Price it really is shocking standard. Around 3 other burger restaurants in Bristol centre I would recommend instead of.

Terrassa, Spain
“Disappointing starters!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went at lunch time, and we ordered one Starter to share and two burgers as a main. Let me Start with the best... The burger and the sides we ordered were really good, tasty, delicious.. But the disappointing thing was the Starter, they brought us chicken wings Burnt , black, and the worst was that they didn't even try to hide the black side, as if it wouldn't mind... We didn't complaint... We should... Anyway... The other food was good and the service on the other hand was quite ok.!! But we will think twice before coming back.... Sorry guys... Lots options in Bristol to forgive burnt Chicken Wings!!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Truelly awful take away service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Have had a take away service from the new North Street branch 3 times now and each time it has been atrocious! I hear from others that they can't do enough for you if you eat in but since having twin babies I do not have that option any more so hearing how good the burgers are here we have persevered with ordering from them but it would seem that they do not give a damn about their take away customers. The time before last I ordered the Mixed mushroom, garlic & herb burger which was a total mess when I got it - no sauces, toppings or even the top half of the burger bun plus they forgot a side from our order so we called up to complain and was told that they would replace it but my boyfriend would have to drive back over while his burger going cold here. The end burger was a lot better looking after I finally got it but unfortunately not very nice tasting....his however was stone cold. This evening we tried again, asked for brioche buns on both burgers, only got 1, asked for streaky smoked bacon, got back bacon, asked for english mustard in mine, which ended up in my boyfriends (he hates mustard), and ordered coleslaw as a side which didn't turn up, he had to go back again and was refunded the full amount but it is just not good enough really. We don't want to complain, we just wanna sit down and eat something nice once the boys are in bed but this has not happened with The Burger Joint so shall be looking elsewhere for a decent burger.

• Visited July 2014