“Apartment ok once we could get in.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Geometric Blu Apartments Bristol

Geometric Blu Apartments Bristol
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Geometric Blu Apartments Bristol
You added Geometric Blu Apartments Bristol to your Saves list
Union Road | St Philips, Bristol BS2 0LH, England   |
Ranked #33 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Bristol
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
“Apartment ok once we could get in.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Top tip-make sure the telephone numbers work before you set off.
We arrived at 3pm on a Saturday as requested, no one there. All the numbers we had were either not recognised or went to an office which I suspect was not open at weekend. No security guard who was supposed to meet us. If it was not for another booking who arrived later we would not have got in. They had booked via Booking.com so fortunately had a number to call, and they eventually got through to someone.
Our keys were inside the building though we had initially no way to get in to collect them.
Apartment was OK, though dishwasher was full of previous guests dirty plates and pans. Grubby as described in other reviews.
It suited our purpose which was visiting family fairly local, though I wouldn't recommend to those wanting to experience Bristol.
Left messages at the time and emails about our problems, no contact as yet. Note that there is no response to any critique in these reviews.
No idea why they manage this place like they do, it is actually OK inside. Poor location for a city break though.
Bottom line - worst customer service I have experienced.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Northern Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Firstly I'll apologise for this review - I stayed here with another 2 girlfriends in July 2013 & meant to contact the company to explain my complaint but didn't. However I think you need to understand this about these apartments. They've been refurbished to let out to tourists in a rush. There is no reception on site & they are NOT that central. We arrived after many wrong turns (they are difficult to actually find!) on a balmy Friday night in July to find the apartment dirty. The cleaner was overworked & really busy so we found her & helped her out a bit. We were in a lovely 2-bedroom ground-floor apartment with a small decking area & patio doors, Once clean seemed fine. However when we decided to go out later the patio doors wouldn't close, let alone lock. So I rang the number for customer service. The guy on the phone didn't give a hoot, said it was the weekend & no-one could come out or look. So we had to lock all our valuables in the safe & hope for the best. It's a residential area so we were safe, even though in theory anyone could have got into the apartment from outside day or night. And luckily the weather was hot & sunny so it was fine having an outside door open all the time. Still, we really didn't get the location or service that we paid for- this was NOT a cheap deal so we were pretty unimpressed overall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I must start by saying that I did not stay in the apartment myself but a client of ours whom I booked the apartment for. Firstly I received no communication from them after we paid a very large amount of money for a long term stay, I eventually managed to get through to someone (the majority of their phone numbers don't actually work) on the evening our client was arriving, to be hastily talked through how he could get into the apartment. We were sent no confirmation of the booking dates or what our client should do to check out of the property. When he arrived the fridge didn't work, there were many light bulbs that didn't work and the cleanliness was not accetable. Upon arriving back at the apartment on his final night he discovered that his things had been taken out of the apartment and someone else had moved in. No explanation, no-one around. When I called to ask what had happened they said they had stated on the confirmation (that I never received) that he would need to move out that day. The building manager had no consideration for the position he had put us in and made no attempt to conatct me prior to moving our clients posessions. He was argumentative and not remotely apologetic for this ludicrous decision. I would strongly advise against staying here, the service was awful throughout.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

After reading reviews on this place was a bit worried of where we had booked to stay. As other reviews had stated it was a very hard place to find. After looking for it for around 30 mins we finally found it after a few phone calls to the owner. The number they had given us was wrong so having to google the place to get the correct number we got through. The guy was very pleasant and was happy to help us. On arrival using the code that the guy had given us to get into the place we parked up and got our key that was tapped to the wall. Which we thought was rather dodgy. When opening the door to our apartment it was very warm and tidy. The whole place was spotless and was very nice. We had a lovely 3 day stay here and would return again (now we know where it is). It was a 5 minute walk to cabot which was perfect for us. Only down fall was that the shower was not excellent. It was either cold or scolding hot and took us a while to get it to stay at a certain temperature. I would recommend it for a place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
St Ives, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked one of these apartments as a base for visiting people in Bristol and actually cut my visit short by one night. The apartment is NOT easy to find and one taxi driver got quite aggressive when he couldn't find it. I look after holiday properties for my living so I know what the score is here - but - the place wasn't very clean, dishes left in the dishwasher, gigantic dust bunnies behind the sofa, the welcome pack wasn't left , an empty shower gel in the bathroom, hairs on the floor, crumbs in the fridge, chipped crockery but worst of all, no info pack, no wifi code and a very slow response when I texted to ask for it.
I now wish I had just booked a hotel and like another review has said it's a bit of a sketchy area to get into at night when you're on your own. Would not book again and didn't even bother calling to complain because I couldn't be done with the hassle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ornex, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at these appartments for seven days, no cleaning during the full stay, saw the house cleaner once. Towels not changed. Many burned lightbulbs. Street address very confusing for cab drivers, no name on building. Quiet a diisappointing experience.

Room Tip: If well maintained and proper cleaning took place, it would compensate the location which is not the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

we booked this apartment for me to return to after going into hospital, as we lived quite far away.
i have never stayed somewhere so awful we paid nearly £200 for 2 nights.When we arrived we had to ask the cleaner to come back and finish off as the apartment had a horrible sewage smell coming from the bathroom, the bath was still full of hair and it hadnt been cleaned. The rug in the living room was dirty also there were lots of flies, every single dish in the cupboard was stinking and there were still stuff left in the dishwasher, we went to get into bed in the night to find the sheets were a bit dirty. I was up early in the morning for an operation and really didn’t have time for this. There was no building manager around after I had returned from hospital and wasn’t really able to go looking for someone to come and sort it out. To be honest I didn’t want cleaners coming in and sorting out what should have been done in the first place. We left the next day and I phoned the main office to complain were I was basically shouted at and was told it was my fault because I hadn’t reported it. The manager is a stuck up arrogant dick who will not let you speak and talks over you. Ill never stay in the dump again, oh and I forgot to mention the 100 bin bags that are left in the back where you park your car, the area is so rough I wouldn’t let my dog loose around there.

Room Tip: dont bother wasting ur money
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Geometric Blu Apartments Bristol? Share your experiences!