“A fabulous find!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“A fabulous find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I really fell upon this lovely place back in May 2012 and fell in love with it. We have been there about 4 or 5 times now, the last one being in September.

The surroundings food and staff are lovely, the only critisim I have is that the younger members of staff need a little more training on the food and drink that they serve, asking for darjeeling tea is not rocket science but the young waitress did not have a clue. However since that time there have been improvements and I have been back.

You are made to feel so welcome like a friend and I do think its what Woburn needed. Whilst there are several restaurants in Woburn, there is only one other tea room that I have been in once need I say more.

I wish Caroline and all her staff the best if luck and sucess and will be returning very soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
London, England, United Kingdom
“What a little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Woburn Coffee House yesterday afternoon for tea and cake and what we found was truly a little gem of a coffee shop. The younger staff do need some serious training they seem young and unsure of themselves however this all they need is to have their confidence built a bit. The owner is without doubt one of the most pleasant people in the service industry.

I had afternoon tea and my boyfriend had Cointreau gateaux. I have to say the gateaux as possibly the most amazing cake I’ve ever had. I can’t wait to go back to sample the Christmas Afternoon Tea!

I really wish there were more little coffee shops like this in the area. I wish them all the best as they really deserve it.

• Visited October 2012
Bedford
“Just the place for you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

A truly exceptional place for afternoon tea. You'll be pleased with the comfortable atmosphere provided by both the staff and the house. With pleasant music intermingled with the buzz of enthusiastic conversation taking up background, it's easy to lose yourself in thought for some time. This really is a place to spend your money on. That being said, don't deny your companions an opportunity to experience this truly authentic and well-priced house simply for the sake of your own desire. At some ten pounds you and a companion can enjoy 'The Cream Tea' a delicious pot of Earl Grey, Breakfast or herbal tea served in fine tea cups to sip at while you entertain a conversation with someone. After a few minutes, let the wait staff bring you and your guest two delicatessen scones each, with complimentary home made cream and jam served to you both on a stacked platter. If you arrive in the summer, I suggest you visit the back garden, there you can enjoy the lush green glass among the atmosphere of historic Woburn, while entertaining thoughts of tea parties of the victorian age. Overall a pleasant experience. Overall a fantastic treat for you and your friends and your family. Visit my favorite area at the back of the house, a couch next to the old iron, wood burning stove with a small table. Timeless!

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Popped in on Sunday on the off chance and was so pleased.
The staff show real pride and passion about their little place and make everyone feel like they are part of a special group.

The food is presented beautifully and tastes great.

I will be returning very soon.

• Visited September 2012
Luton England UK
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Despite what I just read by another I must disagree - Woburn coffee house is the best amazing
What a find nothing local like it -gorgeous garden area & tea room , the best food / cakes ever ,& very reasonable priced
We were given cushions in the garden area for our bench - the staff were great
I will be returning again this weekend with my mother
And again & again
I have told everyone to go it is a real treat

• Visited September 2012