“Lovely meal in friendly comfortable surroundings” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Longs Inn Hotel

You added Longs Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Longs Inn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Bedford Street, Woburn MK17 9QB, England (Formerly Magpies Hotel)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Woburn
Markfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal in friendly comfortable surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Four of us had Sunday lunch here and it was good. Whilst the menu is not extensive there are options ; the meal when it arrived was on hot plates and the food was piping hot and all four of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal which had to include dessert! and the friendliness of the staff and the ambience of the restaurant. The only let down for me as a wheelchair user was that there was no designated disabled toilet, with the help of family I managed; but many others would not ; would definitely eat here again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cupar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for three nights bed and breakfast Our room was a courtyard twin room (only room left ) and we found it to be very comfy and very clean . Sheets and towels were fresh and we had a good supply of toiletries, there was lots of tea coffee hot chocolate milk biscuits etc left every night .Breakfast was very good but the service was a bit hit and miss ,three serving but one doing most of the work .I seemed to confuse them as I had porridge ,they seemed to forget I had ordered a breakfast as well !! it did come eventually . Apart from that it was a very pleasant stay,also the room was lovely and warm which was just as well ,that weekend was very cold .

Room Tip: I was led to believe that the courtyard rooms were best but cannot verify this !
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This inn bills itself as a 'boutique' hotel but fails to live up to the promise.
I booked a superior room which I found located at the top of two flights of vertical stairs and no real handrails. The room was decorated to an expected standard but freezing cold - all the radiators had been turned off! In December!? I managed to get the room temp up to acceptable level while I had a meal in the bar. However in the morning there was no heat at all as it had been switched off during the night sometime. Only for the really hardy this one!!
Staff were very friendly & food ok

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Northwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I booked a PREMIER double room ( First in importance as stated by the Oxford Dictionary ) with the intention of staying for three nights, with my wife, to explore an area I have not visited before, as it was late afternoon when we arrived the only member of staff available handed me a key and told me room 7 was up two flights of stairs. Climbing two flights of stairs with only light luggage was not easy as they were steep and without any form of rail, on opening the door to the room we were met with a poor excuse for what was supposed to be a premier room, a bathroom with no shower only a hand held unit over the bath hidden by a curtain, in the bedroom itself there was a further sink unit with a continual dripping tap, broken door knob that was dangerous and could have cut your leg if not careful, an overall tatty appearance. The bar area was cold and unfriendly and throughout that evening only one other person( a local ) visited the bar. We had dinner and enjoyed the well cooked, well presented meal however afterwards I was served a brandy in a dishwasher stained whisky glass? This was not the beginning of the weekend we had been looking forward to which left us with no option than to book ourselves out after what was a good hearty breakfast. This was not the picture presented to us on the web site only a pretence.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stopped off at Woburn village by chance and came across Longs Inn Hotel. A lovely friendly family run pub and hotel.David and his staff were very friendly and helpful.Easy parking, lovely court yard room, breakfast to die for all in all a really enjoyable stay. (would not hesitate to stay there again and recommend it to all my friends. Martyn and Lyn Clacton on Sea

Room Tip: Court yard rooms are lovely
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hornchurch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Booked into the hotel late Friday afternoon, receptionist friendly
and helpful ( we were there for a family wedding). After reading some of the reviews was feeling a bit apprehensive, should not have worried, we were in the courtyard - very clean, nice size room, bathroom big ( lots of hot water ) beds were very comfortable and the room was very quiet. My brother and sister were in the room next door and they said the same thing.
Dinner in the evening was a typical pub meal enjoyable but nothing special, breakfast on Saturday and Sunday very nice (smoked salmon and scramble eggs
and eggs benidict)
Staff very helpful receptionist/waitress booked our mini bus for the morning, barman kept the bar open as we were playing cards till fairly late. Next morning
pouring with rain, I asked the bargirl if I could borrow an umbrella to use at the wedding no problem she said and went and got her own umbrella for me to use!!
Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Swan at Salford while undertaking a Masters module at the nearby Cranfield University. The night I visited turned out to be the Steak Night and it was very busy, but I was still able to get a seat in the bar. The decor and ambience are very nice, and there is a reasonable if not extensive selection of real ales. I would recommend the Doombar.
I was torn between venison (a regular menu item) or the 10oz Sirloin, but opted for the Sirloin in the end; cooked medium rare. The Chef's cooking was spot on for this, and the accompanying chunky chips are first rate. The only reason I have not awarded another star, is that the steak itself was not the best I have experienced; I was expecting better given the other reviews. Nevertheless, I would highly recommend a visit.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Longs Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!