“Great pub to stop for a pint and/or lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta
“Great pub to stop for a pint and/or lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A great local pub just off the A417 Leominster Road and only a few miles from Hampton Court.

They have a great selection of local ales, plus usual lagers, ciders etc. I've only been there for lunch. Everything I've had is good solid pub food.

There's a good beer garden should the sun shine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
“Pretentious and expensive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The menu is far too fussy for a place where there is no proper restaurant. Diners eat in amongst drinkers but are expected to pay top prices. Food very average and grossly overpriced. Hugely disappointing all round. Staff are clearly not the owners and have no interest in whether or not you are having a good time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Very pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

At the end of a day out we decided to have an early evening meal somewhere near home. We had never been to this pub, and only knew of it's whereabouts from a slightly overgrown sign along the main road. We thought we would give it a go, expecting normal pub fayre. What a pleasant surprise we had. Good beers, very nicely, recently (I'm guessing) renovated interior, and great food. We have already decided who we are bringing here very soon for Sunday lunch, and when we will return. Don't be put off by the sign, go to this pub soon. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leominster, United Kingdom
“Enormous disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have been to England's Gate Inn many many times. The time before this we were disappointed in how the food had gone downhill, but this time it really was dreadful. Firstly, my diet coke was flat and tasted of dishwater! My husband's starter of the chicken parfait had clearly been frozen, and was really the most revolting watery taste. I had a tiny bit and couldnt have eaten any more. My starter of procuitto, feta and peppers was ok, but a mean helping for the price. My husband then had the minted lamb chops - overcooked and very fatty. I had the steak and ale pie, which I have often had before and enjoyed. But tonight it had suffered in the microwave - some bits were scorching hot, some bits cold. I asked for it to be reheated, and was given a fresh plate - but again, only tepid. The vegetables are watery, and the chips had clearly been fried in old oil. I dont know what has happened here - but having nearly always enjoyed an evening out there, tonight really was the pits. It annoys me to pay for bad food. But they really do need to up their game. Its just not worth the money.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Good food, restaurant freezing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We have had a lovely meal with excellent service. Mothers day visit only let down by how cold it was in the restaurant! In the owners defence, they had two open fires roaring but the heat didn't reach to the other side of the bar where we were eating. Unfortunately this made us want to leave as we were all so cold. If this could be rectified we would happily return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere