“Old but clean, quiet and comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

You added Elsinor Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Elsinor Motor Lodge
Cnr Kanahooka Rd, Dapto, New South Wales 2530, Australia   |
Gold Coast
“Old but clean, quiet and comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed on a Sunday night and it was very quiet, not many guests. While the décor is very dated the room was very clean, smelled fresh and had very comfortable furniture. The bedlinen was crisp and clean and the towels and toiletries were good quality. The large flat screen TV, microwave and provided cutlery provided everything I needed to relax in preparation for my work the following day.
The dodgy phone on the wall outside reception made me a little uneasy, but I shouldn't have been. The reception staff responded quickly and she was bright and cheery and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I must say this was a quick booking. I had time to read through the reviews before we arrived, which did make me re-think of taking my family to this place!
However once in the room I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean & tidy!
The kids loved the pool, and the bbq was spotless.
Bedding was clean and crisp as where the towels.
Yes I agree its in need of a makeover, but for the price we where happy.
The only thing I could say is yes it was a bit musky when we walked in, but it was only that closed up smell, maybe management should leave a can of air freshner in the room.
Once aired out was fine.
Overall we where happy with our stay.
We would stay again!!! :-)

• Stayed January 2013
Port Macquarie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We Should have listened to the other reviews! A friend went and looked at the rooms and said they weren't too bad. That is rooms 1-6. The others are awful! The only window was the little one next to the door, room was dark all day. Bed lamps didn't work, Wardrobe door didn't slide, so I couldn't hang the clothes. We put it bak on the rollers but it wouldn't stay there. Entire wall and robe doors were all mirrored. Towels extremely well worn, Bathroom filthy! Long black hairs(5) on the basin, shower and bathroom floor. Bathroom very tiny & very grotty! Reception staff were not friendly and yelling and screaming came from reception most of the afternoon. Only motel in the area so no option but to stay there, Beds were only good thing. Our stay was not at all pleasant!

Room Tip: Ok for a double if you get room 1-6
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ElsyDapto, Manager at Elsinor Motor Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We were on holidays when Sally stayed with us and there were relief managers there at the time.I have tried to ring Sally to apologize to her.
I would like to apologize to Sally for her negative experience and to let other future guest know that we strive to have clean rooms and we have very friendly and happy staff and we ensure that our guests leave us happy.

Travelers are raving about these Dapto hotels

Nowra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

we stayed here 10 years ago then stayed again 1night recently ,nothing has been renovated since ,the shower hot water taked 5minutes to come through then it's boiling to regulate with cold water the hot stops this is dangerous , the kettle was dirty, the room had a smelly odour ,overpriced and overated will never stay again ....ever

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

my wife and have stayed a several times and we really enjoy the stay.The rooms are clean the bed is comfy,the staff are fantastic and the restaurant is terrific. whenever we are in town visiting family we always stay here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I needed to be in Dapto for one night, TA reviews did not speak highly of this motel. I would not have booked it myself, in the end the booking was out of my control. The motel was well situated for my purpose, upon checking in I found a smell in the office that is present in too many country motels. A musty odour, I hoped it wasn't going to be in my room as well. The check in staff member was friendly and efficient. My room was located around the back, I was a bit concerned at first, but only the entrance was at the rear and a window faced the courtyard. I was pleasantly surprised with the room, it was clean and fresh. Although the bathroom does need to refurbished. I had ordered a cooked breakfast, it was delivered to the room and I would say enjoyable. Overall not the best country motel, but if I needed a Dapto overnight stay again, I would stay here. I noticed on the website that they had an indoor heated pool, I checked it out with the view of having a morning swim, it didn't appear to be used too often not as clean as i would expect. I didn't take a morning swim.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stay here when I am in town for work and I have never had a reason to complain,the staff are lovely. I have dinner in the restaurant and the food is great and great value for money.The rooms are spotless. Oh and I have never had a problem with the WiFi

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Elsinor Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!