“Dark rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of City of Sails Motel

Save Saved
You added City of Sails Motel to your Saves list
City of Sails Motel
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   219 Shakespeare Road | North Shore, Milford, New Zealand   |
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Dark rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Large bathroom with quality towels
Room very
dark drab

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
John K, Manager at City of Sails Motel, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback regarding our motel.

I would like to apologize on the behalf of the motel that you feel the room is dark while you are staying at the motel.

The studio room has one or two ceiling lights and 3-4 wall lights, and one more extra free standing ceiling light by the TV table. I am sure that if you use all of these lights, it will help to brighten your room. In addition, I am pleased that you mentioned about the room “Large Bathroom with Quality Towel”

I always try to increase customer service level and train cleaning staffs to do their best while cleaning and room service.

Once again, please do accept my apologies and I do hope that your next staying in my motel is more enjoyable.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We spontaneously decided a night away would be really nice, so we called City of Sales Motel, and although it was 10.30 at night, the front desk were very helpful, giving directions to the Motel, and keeping reception open waiting for our arrival.

We got a 2 person room for $140. As we see our room we notice it has the hugest spa bath, which was a welcome surprise! For no extra cost we spent most of the night in our personal spa. Instructions were on the wall and it was very easy to use and understand.

Our room had a TV, although only had the basic channels (1,2,3). The bed was very comfortable and had extra bedding and pillows in the cupboard. Although there was no kitchen, we had a bench with complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate, a jug and milk in the fridge. The decor wasn't very modern (Fake bamboo matching mirrors, tables, bed and chairs.) And an outdated ceiling fan instead of Air Conditioning. But that doesn't bother me. One strange thing we noticed though, there were sliding doors which you would assume go on to a little veranda.... But they opened to, well, no where. You couldn't even take one step outside without hitting the railing.

Location was great if you needed to be at the hospital. Otherwise it was a 15 minute drive to Albany Mall, which isn't too bad.

I would recommend this Motel for wonderful customer service and a peaceful spa night.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed a couple of days at the motel while I visit my friend's wedding in Milford.
The people was very kind and helped a lot about the area, and the motel was very clean and tidy. I will stay the motel again when I visit Auckland next time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to City of Sails Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City of Sails Motel

Address: 219 Shakespeare Road | North Shore, Milford, New Zealand
Location: New Zealand > North Island > Auckland Region > Milford
Free Parking Room Service Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty lodging in Milford
Hotel Class:4 star — City of Sails Motel 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your City of Sails Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
City Of Sails Motel Milford, Auckland, North Island

If you own or manage City of Sails Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.