A family meal out, over an hour to get here and when we arrived we were shown to our table straight away. When every body arrived we were all chatting etc and we were asked if we were ready to order, to which I replied not yet can you give us a minute or two, the waiter came back to ask again and again and again, it was like they were trying to turn the table.
On ordering and after eating the food I was most dissapointed with the quality of my meal, I had a mixed grill, very poor for the price. Nice place on the whole but wouldn't go to eat again . Sorry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 18th-Century Restaurant/Public House with 8 beautifully appointed double en-suite bedrooms. Situated just 1 minutes drive outside the Peak District National Park we are well situated for all local amenities including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall, and the towns of Matlock and Bakewell. Nestled to the rear of the Pub, alongside the the River Derwent we also have 29 hard standing pitches with electric-hook-up to accommodate Touring Caravans and Motor homes and a separate Tent field, facilities here include Hot Showers, Toilets, Chemical Toilet disposal and Washing Up facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms and Odigeo so you can book your Grouse and Claret reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grouse And Claret Hotel Rowsley
- Grouse And Claret Rowsley, Derbyshire