I stayed here for a corporate event a while back and thought the place was wonderful; a beautiful location with new chalet style accommodation largely situated around a decent sized lake (small by the standards of places like nearby Lake Jindabyne but OK for families to canoe around). We did a few activities (canoing, archery, walking) but none were particularly supervised by staff and so people failed to take much interest.
We were generally well looked after until the evening meal which was a 'plate and plate' affair. For Australian staff this is probably the norm but if you've a lot of ex-pats in your team they'll probably not be used to playing pass the plate around the table and may even find it pretty tacky. Apparently the staff get very ratty if you ask to change as you're just expected to make do with what you get and even worse, do not attempt to refuse or send a meal back.
We had an American guy on the team who decided he couldn't face what was admittedly a pretty vile looking sort of sweaty mollusc thing on his plate and you'd have thought he'd have pulled a snake out of the bag the way the staff reacted to his polite request to take the meal away.
The staff we're pretty rude to him and he felt compelled to leave the dining room. It was probably a cultural clash that's indicative of how parochial and defensive small town Australia can be but it left a bit of a gloom hanging over the team for the rest of the stay, so probably not a good place for companies with multi-cultural teams to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the border of the Kosciuszko National Park, Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa is a natural playground nestled in the Thredbo Valley surrounded by the spectacular Snowy Mountains. Just 15 minutes from Thredbo and Perisher Resorts. Its unique setting and many complimentary activities appeal to both couples and families to relax and absorb the scenery or experience the many mountain activities on resort and in the local area. Lake Crackenback is a perfect base to explore the region from sightseeing, local attractions, snowsports in winter and the many summer activities including walking trails, mountain bikes, Segway Eco Tours, canoeing or fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Lake Crackenback Hotel Crackenback
- Novotel Thredbo Village
- Jindabyne Novotel
- Accor Lake Crackenback Hotel