“Great family activity, but not particularly scenic” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 215 Activities in Cape Cod
Type: Biking Trails, Hiking Trails, Trails, Sports
Activities: Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: This bike path runs 25 miles, from Dennis to Wellfleet.
New York City, New York
19 attraction reviews
“Great family activity, but not particularly scenic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a long and easy trail which makes it fun even for bikers with little biking experience. The paths are well maintained and we experienced no speed bikers cutting ahead. Having said this, the trail is not that scenic with much more trees than water. As a family activity, I would rate this 5 stars, but as a solo activity I would rate this 3 stars.

Boston, MA
15 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Vista”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a GREAT rail trail. Beautiful views, easy biking, courteous drivers that let you cross the roads, lots of families and no speeding fitness bikers. Lots of water views as well as cranberry bogs, clean fresh air. We went twice on our vacation - once with the whole family and then again just my husband and I. Each time we went a different way and I wish this rail trail was closer to home - I'd go all the time! I recommend it highly!

Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Great for the whole family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Started out at Barb's Bike shop at the beginning of the trail. Made it probably a third of the way as our 4 year old was getting tired and we still had to bike back. Vey flat and easy trail. Stopped at a great little beach for a swim along the way. Water was beauty, warm and very clean. Was so simple, reminded me of being a kid again and just swimming during a bike ride. Stopped for ice cream along the way at the convenience store. Again reminded me simpler times. Perfect for an easy, simple, relaxing family outing. Would have loved to have done the whole trail. Perhaps when the kids are older.

Visited July 2013
Federal Way, Washington
63 attraction reviews
“Ride till you are exhausted and there is still more to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed in Harwich, just 100' off the trail. In one direction, I rode to Chatham and then took local roads around Chatham (2.5 hours). Traffic was dense so the only practical way to see everything was by bike. Three miles in the other direction was Harwich center and on to Dennis, about 2.5 hours RT. The third day I rode in the direction of Wellfleet to the Salt Pond Visitor Center of the national park, 17 miles each way. The trail is mostly dead level with a few small hills over roadways. Condition is generally good, except where roots have grown under the asphalt. Most of the trail is through woods and past lakes. There are lots of road crossings and you have to be careful but most vehicles will stop and let you cross. Beyond Salt Pond Visitor Center, you can ride all the way to Provincetown at the north end of the cape but I did not have that much endurance.

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Great activity for anyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We go to the Rail Trail every year. Fun for the whole family or a single rider/walker. Nice stops along the way for food, etc. Great for everyone who can ride a bike. Nice way to get some exercise and do something different on the cape.

Visited July 2013