“Fabulous food!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Lovely hotel about a 10 minute drive from the city centre. Clean and comfortable rooms. Nice atmosphere in bar. The restaurant food is excellent and great value. The breakfast was excellent, probably the nicest hotel breakfast I've ever had. Will definitely stay in this hotel when next in limerick.

• Stayed April 2013
164FionaO, Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Sinead B,
Thank you for writing a review on the Castletroy Park Hotel and taking the time to do so it is much appreciated. We receive many compliments on our breakfast and being a strong corporate Hotel we believe it is the most important meal of the day before our guests set off for a days work. I'm also delighted to see you enjoyed your evening meal in McLaughlins Restaurant.
I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Fiona O Shea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Hotel didn't seem that busy, check in was very quick no queues, free wifi voucher given as soon as I asked. Initial impression of lobby area very nice. I was in a room with a double and a single bed, room was spotless whist the rooms are not dated there is a feel that some modernising is needed but that is being picky. There is a great bar attached to the hotel, had dinner their and it was nice and very reasonable. Breakfast was excellent choice off a menu, I had the full irish which was huge, you cold also use the buffet for the other usual things. The price of this was again very reasonable. I didn't use the leisure facilities but they looked good or the main restaurant for dinner so can't comment. The location of the hotel is out of the centre of town so whilst quiet would require a taxi or car to explore the city. If I am in limerick again I would definitely consider this hotel again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kstand
Thank you for submitting a review on the Castletroy Park Hotel and for your nice comments. You may have noticed while you were here we have commenced staged refurbishment of our bedrooms which will certainly modernise them.

I have passed your comments onto my chef and breakfast team where it is always nice to receive positive comments and again thank you.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back

Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Lovely large reception area in this hotel. Warm and friendly check-in. Rooms large and spotless, if a little out-dated. Hope to try out the pool and gym the next time I visit. The food in the restaurant is excellent and reasonably priced. Breakfast was fast and efficient and the selection was good. This hotel is very well placed if you need to visit the university across the road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pentonys
Thank you for your recent review of the Castletroy Park Hotel and for your nice comments which i have passed onto my team. I'm glad your liked our recently refurbed lobby the feedback on it has been great. We were taken over by a new owner in November Mr Pat McDonagh and we have much exciting refurbishment works planned and the bedrooms is one of them.

We put a lot of effort & time into our restaurant with locally sourced ingredients and based on seasonality and many of our guests comment on it being above the norm of a Hotel restaurant so thank you also for that.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and hopefully you will get that chance to use the Leisure Centre.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I (husband + 2 children) stayed here for 2 nights on our way back to Dublin after driving around the island. The room size for a family of four was just right, very clean and with comfortable beds. There's a big pool that's great for kids, and the gym is pretty well equipped. They have a great little restaurant/area bar, very cozy for drinks, coffee or dinner. They also have a breakfast buffet that serves typical Irish treats every morning. Staff were extremely nice and the traveling parents might be interested in knowing that they have an in-house sitter for kids available from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. to allow parents to have a quiet, alone dinner. The service is free and you just need to sign the kids up by 6 p.m. Our kids were the only ones who had signed up for the kids club that evening (Tuesday) but they had fun nevertheless, as the lady in charge entertained them with games. This allowed my husband and I to take a break and enjoy a glass of wine together. Overall, great experience. Would recommend this hotel as a great option when visiting Limerick.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
164FionaO, Manager at Castletroy Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Karilore
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments in relation to your recent stay at The Castletroy Park Hotel and all the positive feedback you have given us in relation to our food, service & amenities. I will also pass your compliments onto Erin in our Kids Club who always does a great job with entertaining kids and I receive numerous compliments from guests on her and of course the kids love her. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Formerly the Carlton, this hotel has great potential. It has a very good gym and a 20m swimming pool which are always positives for a hotel. The food at breakfast and in the restaurant is to a very good quality.

Staff are very friendly and always accommodating. From the front desk to the gym to bar/restaurant. A pleasure to deal with.

I visit here frequently and the bar food is just as good as the restaurant. The fish & chips combo is probably the best I have had in Ireland. Superb altogether. Bar is reasonably sized, lacks a bit of atmosphere however.

Rooms are very spacious if a little outdated. Reception on the tvs is pretty poor, bathrooms are old and could do with some touch-ups also.

All in all, I can see how this hotel was a high quality 4 star in years gone by. Bit of work required to get it to that level again. Notwithstanding it does what it says on the tin - good service, good food and comfortable rooms

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Destanywhere
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us and for all the positive comments in relation to our food and service. Under our new owner (Pat McDonagh) whom we are delighted to have on board we have commenced a refurbishment plan of the Hotel and are very excited about this going forward.
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was the first time that I ever stayed at this hotel--and I was told that it has recently been bought and they are making improvements. There is a great new parking lot that was just put in, and it seems that the lobby has recently been renovated. The rooms were actually pretty nice--and while I didn't visit it, there is a workout room and pool! The only problem: around 2am some intermittent banging noises started...sounded like someone was banging on a door in the hallway...but it kept going...intermittently....for over an hour. When I finally got up to see what was going on, I realized that the noise was coming from somewhere outside. I called down to reception and was told that I could move to a new room and that they would go outside and check to see what was going on. Shortly after this, the noise did stop--but I never did find out what it was from. Overall it was a nice hotel, I just wish I had a better quality of sleep.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Greyhoundymom,
Thank you for taking the time for providing feedback on the Castletroy Park Hotel during your recent stay. I apologise that you did not have a good quality sleep on your recent stay with us. I know there was an accident on the main road a couple of weeks ago but otherwise I am at a miss on this and apologise again for the interruption to your sleep. I have spoken to my night staff and they too found nothing when they went out it was only a few days later that we heard of the above and again i am unsure if this is related.
I glad to see you enjoyed all other areas of the hotel and hope that this does not detract you from returning to us here.
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a great one night stay recently here on business. Check-in was very smooth and easy and the hotel is nice for the price.
We first had tasty Guinness in the restaurant before cabbing downtown to Nancy's. The bar is nice and the bartenders very friendly.
The rooms are nice, comfortable bed, and the only negative was the poor iron. The wifi was strong and free.
The next day we enjoyed fish and chips in the restaurant and my associate said the gym was very nice.
Overall a good stay and will hopefully come again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Jeff C
Thank you for your comments in relation to your recent stay with us. I delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and that you got to enjoy many of the facilities and amenities in the Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Fiona O Shea

Been to Castletroy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!