“3rd visit and still delightful; friendly and welcoming with lovely food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lamb on the Strand

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Semington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British, Continental
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in lovely grounds with stunning veiws across the valleys The Lamb on the Strand offers a wide variety of home cooked food for Lunch and Evening Meals for all customers wanting good fresh food presented with care.
Bath, United Kingdom
“3rd visit and still delightful; friendly and welcoming with lovely food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Met a colleague for lunch - both of us had the chicken linguine off the specials board! Wow! It couldn't be faulted - beautifully cooked chicken, wonderful mushroom sauce, al dente linguine and rich and flavoursome stuffed mini tomatoes. The staff were as attentive as usual and all in all this is a restaurant that I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub but a bit pricey and be prepared to wait a while.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to The Lamb following a good write up in our local paper. It was Valentines Day, just a coincidence, and myself and my husband had called in for lunch. The pub was very busy and we had to wait a short while for a table to be cleared, but this was not a problem and we got a drink while we waited. The pub is very cosy with several log burners which give the pub a lovely atmosphere. The menu was very good with several specials which were written up on a board, but only in one room? I did feel sorry for the couple who were sat directly underneath the board as they kept getting people coming and hovering over them while they decided what they wanted! Maybe the specials board should be moved? Just a thought! Anyway, I ordered the Chicken Linguine special and my husband had the Fish and Chips from the main menu. Both were well presented and tasty. I wouldn't go over the top about them, but they were nice, although a bit pricey for what they were. We also had quite a wait, 25 minutes, before our order was taken and then again for our plates to be cleared and then another wait to order dessert, as other people have mentioned. I don't have a problem waiting for food to be cooked to order and waiting for that, but taking orders should be more prompt if it's known that there is also going to be a wait for the food to arrive. Several members of staff seemed preoccupied with getting tables ready for the evenings Valentines Night meals which, considering that the pub was closing at 3pm, you would have thought that this could have been done then, not while there were customers still waiting to be served? All in all a nice pub, staff were very friendly and welcoming and a good interesting menu. Bit pricey and be prepared to wait a while.

Visited February 2014
Hungerford, United Kingdom
“The discerning 100 year old!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have been taking my father of 100 years to The Lamb on the Strand for a couple of years now. Over the last fifty years he lived in some of the best hotels in the world! I try and take him out often from his lovely care village. We have tried many pubs in this area and The Lamb is his favourite at the moment! The food is excellent, with a good choice from the menu and on the Specials Board. This time my father had the delicious duck which melted in his mouth. I thoroughly enjoyed the curry. The deserts are to die for! The staff are so friendly and efficient. Each time I book a table it is always waiting for us. The fire is a great attraction and kept burning during the cool weather. We will be back very soon!! We have never been disappointed. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Warminster, United Kingdom
“Mouth Wateringly Good Food With Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My Fiance, Mother and I have just returned from what I can only describe as simply the finest food I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
Starters were absolutely gorgeous, enough to wet the appetite and not hinder the mains, the flavours kicked my taste buds in to life. All our Main meals were selected from the specials board; that they were. Again the flavours were delicious. Desserts, what can I say. The chocolate Heaven was heavenly. 5 bite sized variations of chocolate desserts, each one was exquisite with so much flavour, none of which was sickly sweet.
The service provided by the two ladies was wonderful, each one of them was polite, prompt and was very well practiced in their customer service skills. Each one is a credit to the Restaurant.
Food was prepared quickly, delivered hot and very well presented. The speedy delivery of the food did not hinder in anyway the presentation of our food.
The Lamb on the Strand will be top of my list should I ever recommend a venue for food and quality service. I most certainly will visit again and very soon.
The price of food may be a little more expensive than what you might pay for in some other pubs; I simply say, you get what you pay for. The quality of our food choices would by far cost you a considerable amount more in any other more well renowned restaurants, so for that reason alone I award them a 5.
Thank you for a most pleasurable experience and we will see you shortly

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“40th Birthday Surprise Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I arranged a 40th Birthday meal as a surprise for my wife at The Lamb on the Strand, the staff were very friendly and accommodating making the whole arranging process an easy one. We had 21 people in our group and were given our own area of the pub (which made the evening much easier as we had some children with us). We chose from the party menu which had a great variety of dishes on it to suit everyone. The service was impeccable, even with the large number in our group and the rest of the pub being busy. Will definitely be visiting The Lamb on the Strand again!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant