“Great homestay/b&b on the NorthShore” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albany Fairview Heights Bed & Breakfast

Albany Fairview Heights Bed & Breakfast
You added Albany Fairview Heights Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Albany Fairview Heights Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   129 Fairview Avenue, Albany 1311, New Zealand   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Albany B&B and Inns
Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Great homestay/b&b on the NorthShore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've stayed a few times now at Fair View Heights on the North Shore to visit family and friends and its a real Kiwi home from home. Craig and Karen can't do enough for you, the place is clean, easy to find, has parking and close to all that the 'Shore' offers. Just outside Albany, 10 mins from Long Bay Beach, Waike Beach and Browns Bay; I can't speak highly enough about the place. Looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Just have a chat with Karen and Craig and let them know what you like - they're all good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Craig and Karen were very welcoming and friendly. They were a fount of information for interesting places to visit, places to eat, where to catch buses etc. The house and room were spotlessly clean and even a request for laundry to be done (at a small charge) wasn't an issue.
I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ballina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Karen and Craig are the most welcoming host I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We stayed 6 nights and the entire time they made us feel like it was our home. The room was large and very clean, Breakfast was fantastic with so much to choose from and not an issue to have a cooked breakfast with an additional charge. The home is large with views to the city of Auckland and when there are more than one guest room booked you would hardly know anyone else was around. We will be back for some more Kiwi hospitality.

Room Tip: City views at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Karen and Craig really went the extra mile for me and my granddaughter over the 14 nights that I stayed here! The place was spotless and the service was beyond reproach. Karen even put me on a detox diet- because I wanted to shrink my waist line- And it worked! Cheers Karen!! On learning about my granddaughter, they upgraded my room without me asking so that she could stay here whenever. I've been in the hospitality trade for the last 20 years and I would like to hope that people think as much of me as I do of Karen and Craig- your doing a first class job! It's been worth the 26,000 miles I've traveled to stay in a place like this. I'm 80 years old and never been looked after like this is my whole life. I think that Karen, Craig and Jackie have made a friend for life in my 13 year old granddaughter who's been able to stay with me whenever she liked. Very well done the Duncan family! God bless you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are outstanding with fantastic views all way round!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great experience! Excellent and immaculately cleaned rooms. Fantastic bed and linen - probably the best I ever had (better than in 5* hotel). However the most important - B&B hosts Craig and Karen. Their hospitality, friendly smiles and good advises (sightseeing) over healthy and fresh breakfast are second to none. Thank you very much - I really enjoyed staying at your place and our interesting conversations. Hope to see you again, with best regards, Denis

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This has been an outstanding 3 weeks for me at this hospitable & courteous B&B lodging serviced by Craig & Karen. Warm couple and make you feel really at home with their fantastic service offering and home made food. The entire house including its rooms, toilets, kitchen, garden is more the clean and tidy. I had a fantastic time and will definitely be back to stay with my family members for the house is very spacious and has rooms of different sizes to suit both families and singles.
Keep it up guys....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
near Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This B & B is a good place to stop and stay. The hosts are very friendly and relaxed - easy to get to know. The location is quiet even though it is in Auckland and near the motorway. There is a little nature reserve (or similar) next door to the property. The place was clean, the room was quite spacious, the bathroom was modern and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was nice. The only negative was a slight smell of damp in the bedroom but it wasn't bad.

Room Tip: We only saw our room and we had a nice view but there were no room numbers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Albany Fairview Heights Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!