“Exceptional Service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Exceptional Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My party of four went to the Med Grill and were not disappointed. We were promptly greeted and seated and upon the arrival of our server, everything went like clockwork.

We all ordered the Tuscan Menu, $23.99, a four course extravaganza. I initially thought there would be too much food but the menu was balanced and properly portioned so we left feeling comfortable and not over stuffed.

After the Antipasti, we each ordered either a soup or salad. I had the salad, winter greens with a light Cesar dressing, and the others had the pea soup, which was very much enjoyed.

The mains consisted of lamb shank and potato with seasonal veg, New York strip loin, or bacon wrapped chicken. All were served on hot plates, and heartily devoured.

Desert was a choice of cheese cake or Bailey's Creme Brûlée, both delicious.

The dinner was a great success. The server was very attentive and accommodating, the food was fast, fresh and flavourful. Service by this particular server was among the best I have experienced in any restaurant.

Washrooms clean and easy to access on the same floor, no stairs to negotiate. Only one issue, the restaurant was very noisy, and no background music playing, or if there was, I couldn't hear it. But, I guess when the restaurant is filled to capacity, a bit of noise is to be expected.

All in all, a very enjoyable experience. Everyone was lovely and friendly.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Victoria, Canada
“On a good night this place is great.......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have frequented this restaurant many times over the years, partially because it's close and easy to walk to.. That being said, when the kitchen is on its game the food is fantastic, The Tuscan Plate is a monthly special that is well worth the money ($18.99) and includes starters, mains and pudding. I am not a fan of the pasta meals cooked here, they tend toward the stodgy but then I prefer my pasta al dente. But the fish plates and chicken are generally good, good portions and tasty. Sadly the Med Grill lacks a little in consistency. I've found by far the best times to go are mid week when it is a little less busy and the staff more attentive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful Tuesday evening out. Two of us had the four course Tuscan Plate one salmon and one halibut - both excellent! I have a dairy allergy which they were happy to accommodate. At 18.99 it is an amazing value for such good quality food. the presentation was excellent! Our third person had the prawns starter and the beef and mushroom ravioli both very tasty. The dairy free dessert substitute was a raspberry sorbet which was so amazingly good there just isn't words to describe it. Our server Adam was charming, funny and attentive - great service...... Just wow!

Visited September 2013
“What happened!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I begin my saying I usually love this place. A party of 6, long time loyal customers, got together for a midweek meal. 5 of the party had the usual great 4 course special. From the little starter right up to the dessert all meals were just so so. One of the entrees was obviously not ordered and that is always uncomfortable with a group as you feel like you have to wait while til the other entree arrives while yours is getting cold. I was the only one not to order the 4 course. I always order the seafood pasta which is usually fabulous. It didn't look or taste like what I look forward to. Hopefully this was just an off night. Also guys, get real on your wine prices!! I don't mind the usual restaurant mark up but come on...

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
UK
“very good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were recommended by the b&b we were staying at to eat at the Med Grill. We were not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed their special 4 course meal - really tasty at a reasonable price. We ate on the deck which added to the atmosphere and the service was good.

• Visited August 2013