“Frozen reheated stodge” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Victoria, Canada
“Frozen reheated stodge”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had the fish and chips clearly frozen Cap N Highliner.When I touched my fork to it, it crumbled in a million pieces.My mom was disappointed with whatever she had too and also suspects it was frozen reheated whatever.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ccporter, Owner at Sassy's, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Hello; Please let me say that i'm so sorry that we let you down when you came in on Friday. We just changed fish suppliers and thought that our inconsistency problems were behind us,naive of me I guess. We sell a lot of fish and chips and sometimes it goes wrong as it did with you. Again, I'm sorry. And then your mom's food was not enjoyable either. Please give us another chance. There is a 50.00 gift voucher under the till drawer for you. The truth is we're not perfect, but we do try and we will keep trying. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It is the only way we have to really have to know how we are doing.

Denver, Colorado
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were told about this restaurant from a local as a place they always go when they are in the area. We weren't sure exactly where it was located but knew it was close to the Butchart Gardens. So, when we left the Gardens and talking about where to eat, we saw the restaurant and pulled in to give it a try.

The service was quick, friendly and helpful recommending items on the menu. The food was very good, and if you go and want Ice Tea, make sure you tell them sweet or un-sweet, or you may get sweet by default.

While having our lunch, looking out the window, we could see two bald eagles flying around. Even though the actual view from the window did not have a lot of scenery, this was a great sight to see.

This is a very good family oriented restaurant and I would go again when in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Central Saanich, British Columbia
“Perfect for families with young kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We're a little biased because this is about the ONLY place we go to eat anymore as we've got two young kids and as most people with kids know: Going out to eat is just not the relaxing experience it was before kids!

For other local parents on the peninsula, know that this place is perfect for families. They've got a giant box of random toys the second you walk in that kids can choose from, and the kids get colouring sheets and crayons right away.

Perfect for kids, friendly staff, HUGE burgers and decent prices. Hits all the points for me!

Spokane, Washington
“Nice family restaurant just outside Butchart Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had just seen the gardens and weren't too jazzed about their restaurant options, so we decided to try this place out. It has a great atmosphere, and the food was good! My husband felt like the waitress forgot about an additional drink order, but our waitress was kind and friendly. The menu has a wide variety of options to choose from, and we were glad we ate lunch here!

Victoria, Canada
“A Real Gem for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I discovered Sassy's on West Saanich Road two years ago while just exploring in the morning. Thought I would give it a try as another place for breakfast. To my surprise, this place is a 'Keeper '!
From walking into the place, to being seated, served and taken care of..... this is the place to be.
Locally run and visited by locals, it serves the best food for your morning meal. I live 11 km away but make the trip at least once a week, M to F. They have a mini menu that is in place until 10:30 am and fills the stomach.
You can see why people come here. Although I have yet to try supper, that is not far off. But quite often I take a friend out for breakfast,my treat.

You won't be disappointed.