“Not too bad” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Victoria BC
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We had lunch outside on the deck. It was a busy time, and didn't have to wait too long for service or our food. My chicken sandwich was good and my wife enjoyed her quesadilla. Nothing too exciting but tasty food and a nice time.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

North Saanich, BC
“New Thai menu at Seahorse Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We didn't know there had been a change of ownership and a new chef hailing from Thailand. Probably would not have gone if we had as I am not a huge fan of ethnic food! However, we were pleasantly surprised. My daughter and I loved our choices, my husband didn't get what he had ordered (rice steamed instead of fried) and his entree was cold, however he said it tasted good. Waitress was very pleasant but she was on her own and not sure how good the service would have been if there had been more diners. We ate outside - beautiful view and ambiance. We agreed that we would go back.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria
“Mixed report - like the other reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is my local restaurant - it's a two minute walk from home. I've had excellent service there, and so-so. The difference is the number of customers - they don't have enough staff if the place is full. If it's not full, it's a pretty good restaurant. Nice views, good food, not-bad wine list. If my home didn't have a deck on the water, and far better wine prices, I'd eat there more often. Don't let the bad reviews put you off - give it a try. If it's not full, I think you'll be happy with your meal.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We were looking forward to a lovely lunch at Seahorse Cafe but left feeling disappointed. I ordered the house salad, $12.95, doesn't come with bread but for extra $ I got 2 small thin VERY dry pieces of bread, lightly buttered. The menu shows the salad comes with chickpeas but mine came without. Waitress tells us they had run out. (then why didn't you tell me that when I ordered the salad!) Waitress went to double check if more had been purchased but never came back. They still charged full price plus charging for the 2 chintzy pieces of stale bread. BLT was very dry, no butter or mayo.. Asked for a beef patty to go for our little dogs and that would be $5.95. How about trading the chickpeas for the patty? No. Not even a discount on the damn patty but still full price on the salad without the chickpeas, the one and only protein in the salad. It's the principle! Had to ask to have water glasses refilled.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California Hot Springs, California
“Would not eat there.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

Even local told us to dine another place, we didn't listen and we went here. We had to wait for a longest time and at the meantime we were there, next table to us returned their food (soup test like water) they mentioned. We ordered (fish & cheep), chicken sandwiches and grilled cheese for the kids. I am not kidding but at the bottom of my plate “our cheeps” were floating on old. Kids even couldn’t eat their grilled cheese, after testing it I didn’t blame them at all. For $13-15 per plate it did not worth at all. Learned my lesson, listen to local.

Visited July 2011