We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells
Becker's Lodge Bowron Lake Adventures Resort
You added Becker's Lodge Bowron Lake Adventures Resort to your Saves list
Bowron Lake Road, Wells, British Columbia V0K 2R0, Canada   |
Terrace, Canada
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place is beautiful and very well kept. I had read some reviews and was a bit nervous about Lothar...he was so kind and accomodating. I needed to get a couple of things from the general store, which was closed, as I was walking there Lothar drove by and asked if I needed anything there and he opened up and helped me find what I needed.

We stayed as a group in the Betty Wendell cabin...it is gorgeous!! It has a deck that looks out on to the lake.

We weren't doing any canoeing, we had a class group going to Barkerville...but it was worth the extra travel time to be in a place where our kids could play and enjoy the outdoors in the evenings!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Bekcer's Lodge Bowron Lake Adventures Resort is amazing. My grade 12 outdoor education class has been going to the Bowrons for the past 9 years and Becker's Lodge has always been there with their excellent service. Lothar is old school, his gear is always in great shape, clean and ready to go. He is awesome with my students and has an amazing heart. Last year we got stuck on the first day because of high winds and needed to stay overnight. Lothar was so helpful and hospitable, my students loved talking and hanging out with him. If you are going on the Bowron Lakes and need gear, book with Becker's Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We've stayed at Becker's Lodge for many years, and have always rented canoes there, and have never had a problem. The cabins have always been well-furnished and immaculately clean, the canoes have always been top of the line and well maintained. And the General Store has an amazing variety of items that will alleviate frustration and make your trip complete if you've forgotten anything.

Some city folks may complain about Lothar's attitude- but let me remind them that this is the wilderness where you may have to stare down a grizzly bear or butt heads with a moose; what better way to learn than to interact with Lothar!

If you need to be pampered, go over to the General Store and chit chat with Lothar's lovely wife, Bettina.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

the place is stunning, the veiw, the cabins so well made up equipment pristine, and the chain was as beautiful as we hoped. But that all goes out the window when you meet the owner, his wife was lovely giving help and instruction. but he was just plain rude, i do not care if that is his humor it is not funny to make fun of people!! especially the way he dose. He always says of you people, well if you don't like us people than go back to where you came from. The only laughter we had at his resort was talking to his very friendly well mannered helpful employee, a young girl, who new lots about the area and gave us a helping had in places to see and do on our trip home!! thank god for her or it really would of been a bust!! we called her sunshine, so sunshine thank you!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had occasion to look at Trip Advisor's ratings for Becker's, out of curiosity, as I was planning my next canoe trip. The comments here, have prompted me to write my own reply.

I have delt with Lothar and his staff since the early 90's when he first bought the place, and have found his service to be consistantly top notch. There are other outfitters around, but nowhere are the cabins as clean, the equipment as high quality, and the service as consistant and reliable as Beckers, period.

I have been in the hospitality industry for almost 30 years, so I'd like to think I know what I am talking about. Is this the same experience you'd get, checking in to the "Four Seasons" in dowtown Vancouver? Hell no. In its own way, I think it's better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Luang Prabang, Laos
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I decided to start our Bowron Lake adventure by staying at
Beckers Lodge and using him as an outfitter.
Its a beautiful location, the accomodation is fine and the food good.
All this was ruined by the propieter who was the rudest and most
arrogant person I have ever met..
After asking him a question about the showers, which he was explaining
about, he started to spell it out asking if I did not understand
english and belittling us.When we complained about his attitude he threatened to throw us
out.
It didn't stop there as he he abused us for not being married, telling my
wife she was too old at 40 to be needing to call her mother, when she
enquired about a phone.
I thought he must have taken a dislike to us but it became clear he
was lke that to everyone and it was painful to hear him interacting with
customers and staff.
Be warned- do not go to Bekkers, choose another outfitter and enjoy
the Bowron Lake circuit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Wells hotels

Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The irony of this is, he has a tripadvisor decal on his office door. Does he not care what people are saying about him. Do everyone a favour - Dont give this guy a cent and save yourself frustration, aggravation & bad advice. He is abusive, evasive and condescending. He takes every chance he can get to be a jerk. There are great campgrounds to stay at other this his, there are other cabins to rent other than his, and canoe outfitting is abundant other than his. Be warned - I wish I had been. Its too bad he has such a nice place and that he can be successful depsite himself.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Becker's Lodge Bowron Lake Adventures Resort? Share your experiences!