“Fresh seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Fish & Chips
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“Fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We always check out Robs lighthouse when we are in Cowichan Bay.
The seafood is always great and the portions are large. Friendly service also.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Osoyoos, Canada
“It just wasn't for me. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I was driving thru the area so on two recent occasions I have opted to eat takeout from here, both of which were disappointing. The chicken cordon bleu burger consisted of a dry sad breast with thin ham and burnt cheese on a huge bun. It was nearly inedible. The last time I had a regular burger which tasted ok. The meat itself was flavorful but the bun was huge, dry and overpowered the whole burger. I hate their buns - way disproportionate to the sandwich. My sides were on both sides of the extreme. She burnt my fries(said people like them that way) and he hugely undercooked my side the next time to the point they were inedible and greasy. The service was alright and people love the fish n chips, but unfortunately, this is the last time I will be eating here.

Victoria
“Very rude woman to take orders.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Went Sunday morning for Breakfast and couldn't order what we wanted cause they were out of most of the items on the Menu. The lady that was taking orders was a real hag so we walked away.

Visited June 2014
Duncan, BC
“Fresh, Good Value and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This funky little restaurant in Cowichan Bay is my new fave. What's unique about this treasure is the menu board is on the outside and you line up to place your order through a window. The seating is covered but open air. Tables and chairs were clean and lots of plastic cutlery, condiments and napkins were at each table. The food........ was OUTSTANDING. Sweet potato fries done the right way and a good sized grilled fish wrap. Diners can order whatever seasoning they want on the fish and two kinds of mayo (or ketchup) was offered. Way more food than I was expecting for the budget price of $8.25. Service was friendly and attentive. I am placing this restaurant above the neighbouring Rock Cod Cafe for my Cowichan Bay visits from now on. Try this fun little restaurant and see if you don't agree.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cowichan Bay, Canada
“They have excellent fish and chips.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Robs has excellent fish and chips. In my opinion, the best fish and chips in Cowichan Bay Village. Hand dipped fresh fush made to order. I hate oily fish and chips. .. Robs manages to avoid that every time. Breakfast is pretty good too, they do a nice breakfast sandwich at a reasonable price.