My wife, mother and I stayed at the lodge in June 2010 for three nights. Despite two days of hard rain and chilly conditions, we had a wonderful time! Jeanne is an incredible hostess and helped make our stay very memorable. Since we were unable to participate in our planned activities Jeanne suggested building a fire in the historic stone fireplace, turning the atmosphere into a warm and cozy home away from home. It was the perfect solution to what would have otherwise been a dismal experience. We read and relaxed by the fire, socialized in the afternoon, and got to know Jeanne on a more personal level. She's a delightful person and innkeeper, and is very knowledgeable on the history of Waterton and the Northland Lodge. Breakfast was simple and included fresh, hot muffins, wonderful coffee, tea and orange juice. The Saskatoon jam was the perfect topping for the muffins. Our overall experience was great and I would highly recommend the Northland Lodge to anyone. It was extremely clean! Coupled with the historic charm, great location, spectacular views, sleep quality and value, the combination made this choice a place we'll want to return to again and again. Thanks for the terrific time Jeanne. We will always remember you and the wonderful experience you helped create for us. Please say hello to Brody from us and may God bless you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Historic Lodge, built in 1928 for a family home of Louis Hill, the famous builder of The Prince of Whales Hotel, is sweetly located in the quiet part of Waterton and is a 5 minute walk to downtown. A stone's throw from the Waterfalls and the only B&B inside the Park and Town of Waterton serving our Famous Hot Muffins with Saskatoon Berry Jam, Coffee, Tea & Orange Juice every morning. Open your window and listen to the sound of the waterfalls all night or hang out on the large deck and watch the deer come off the mountain. Wireless in-room Internet free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Northland Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northland Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Northland Lodge Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada - Alberta